Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mediation tomorrow - need positive thoughts

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:00 AM
  • 12 Replies

Some of you probably remember my 17 yo SS who is in LUUUUUV with his little girlfriend. This is the SS who went to live with his mother because DH grounded him for sneaking out and spending the night with GF. At the time SS moved out, SD moved in. This was in June. Prior to that, for the 12 years that DH and BM have been divorced, all the kids did 50/50 visitation. Week with BM, week with DH.

So, BM wants SS to live with her but she wants DH to continue to pay all expenses on SS's vehicle (agreement when they got the car was that BM and DH would split bills 50/50 but she hasn't paid a penny), she wants DH to continue to pay 50% of all SS's expenses, etc. She also (since SD is living with us now) wants DH to pay for ALL of SD's expenses. She told DH she is going to shut off SD's cell phone, as well as SS18's cell phone (this kid is in college).....

So anyway, DH and BM have mediation tomorrow to hopefully get this custody and bill-paying stuff resolved. Positive thoughts and prayers would be much appreciated! And any advice for DH, if you have experience with this stuff.

by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rissarin
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Oh man. Good luck to you all!
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Lots of luck with that.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:13 AM

No advice, but good luck and happy thoughts!

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Wow.  She sounds loony.  Sorry you're dealing with that and definitely thinking positive thoughts or a good outcome.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Sending prayers and positive thoughts!!
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Good luck!
leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:17 PM
good luck!
mickstinator
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:30 PM

yikes. good luck. i know those can be just awful. i'll be sending you positive thoughts.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Any updates?

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Some of you probably remember my 17 yo SS who is in LUUUUUV with his little girlfriend. This is the SS who went to live with his mother because DH grounded him for sneaking out and spending the night with GF. At the time SS moved out, SD moved in. This was in June. Prior to that, for the 12 years that DH and BM have been divorced, all the kids did 50/50 visitation. Week with BM, week with DH.

So, BM wants SS to live with her but she wants DH to continue to pay all expenses on SS's vehicle (agreement when they got the car was that BM and DH would split bills 50/50 but she hasn't paid a penny), she wants DH to continue to pay 50% of all SS's expenses, etc. She also (since SD is living with us now) wants DH to pay for ALL of SD's expenses. She told DH she is going to shut off SD's cell phone, as well as SS18's cell phone (this kid is in college).....

So anyway, DH and BM have mediation tomorrow to hopefully get this custody and bill-paying stuff resolved. Positive thoughts and prayers would be much appreciated! And any advice for DH, if you have experience with this stuff.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Nope, not yet. The mediation isn't until tomorrow afternoon. I'm sure DH will fill me in on all the fun details tomorrow night and then I will be sure to update. I can't wait to hear what kinds of crazy things BM comes up with.

Quoting the3Rs:

Any updates?

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)