Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Will you shop on Thanksgiving?

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:47 PM
  • 26 Replies

I just saw a news preview for our local news that many larger stores are announcing that they will be open on Thanksgiving.

Will you be out shopping or spending the time with your family?

Anyone work retail and be expected to work?

by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I'll be working until 3 that day and then heading home. I try to avoid the stores at all costs during holidays.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I will not shop on Thanksgiving.  I don't even get up early to shop the day after!

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Probably not unless is online. I find deals elsewhere
JessiFaye
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:56 PM

We are hosting Thanksgiving at our house this year, so no. I'll be exhausted enough. lol

deadlights86
by New Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Nope we're hosting thanksgiving so I will be home with family. Dh might have to work some part of it though.
rissarin
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Probably not. I should be spending it with the fam since we don't get to spend it with the rest of family like we usually do, due to hubby having to work Friday.
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:59 PM

No way.  I will be with family.  I used shop Black Friday, but stopped that a couple of years ago as the deals just aren't that great anymore.  I can get good deals on Cyber Monday in my jammies.  :)

RhiannonMare
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:16 PM

I don't shop on Thanksgiving or on Black Friday. I don't step inside a store from Thanksgiving until some time in February. I don't celebrate Christmas, so no gifts to buy. I may work on Thanksgiving. I did sign up to work on Christmas Day and New Year's Day. It'll be time and a half for me.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:18 PM

No shopping. I will be on the beach with my family. We are going to see SS in Florida.

JeremysMom
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:41 PM

No, I refuse to shop for unnecessary things on Thanksgiving. Retail can close down for one full day. It won't hurt them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN