Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

If it's a weekday, and you get a call from family members or friends in the PM, do you pick it up to chat, or do you let it go into voicemail and call back at a time in the next day or two when it is more convenient for you?

For me, I hate it when people call me on a weekday evening.  I'm usually super exhausted after working at a demanding job all day, and then when I get home, I usually have to get ready to haul the kids around to their sports practice or game.  So, when I get home from these extracurricular activities, I am drained of all energy, and then have to eat and tackle a few small chores to get ready for the next day.

Today, one of my sisters called me around 9 pm which is totally late for me.  I did not pick up.  This sister can talk for an hour non-stop and barely lets me get in a word edge-wise.  The conversations are always lop-sided like that.  I definitely did not want to have to deal with that tonight.  

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Replies (11-20):
christyg
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I barely answer the phone. Everyone knows to text me :)

LyTe684
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Depends on my mood and the time.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:44 PM
It depends on my mood and who it is.
3mom627
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Depends on how tired I am and what time they call. My mother usually calls early and I don't talk to her very much, so I will talk to her. I have a friend who lives in Las Vegas and I live in Pittsburgh, so we have the whole 3 hour difference. Sometimes she calls me after 10:00 pm and a lot of times I am too tired to talk, so I let it go to voicemail and call her on Friday or Saturday

3MOM627

have a nice day

Josie_P
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I always answer. I don't mind PM phone calls.

Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I really only talk to my mom and I usually have time for her. I am not too busy in the evening. My kids always want to talk to grandma, but other than that, my phone barely rings.

jamberrypie
by Betty on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:42 AM

I've tried to do that before too, but I find that it's impossible to do.  People don't want to keep the calls short when they call, and seem to get offended when I say that I can't talk long.   

Quoting christaberk:

Otherwise if I answer the phone, I keep it short.

MeAndTommyLee
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:52 AM
I talk to my family when they call from Italy, my kids calling from school and anyone else can leave a message.
MooreMom523
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:39 AM
We text more than talk.. my family usually just calls if they need something. My job calls me all hours of the day/ night sometimes so I insist have my phone available.
flutter523
by Tracy on Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:11 PM
If I heard the phone and I have a free hand I answer. No one ever calls me though
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)