Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If it's a weekday, and you get a call from family members or friends in the PM, do you pick it up to chat, or do you let it go into voicemail and call back at a time in the next day or two when it is more convenient for you?

For me, I hate it when people call me on a weekday evening.  I'm usually super exhausted after working at a demanding job all day, and then when I get home, I usually have to get ready to haul the kids around to their sports practice or game.  So, when I get home from these extracurricular activities, I am drained of all energy, and then have to eat and tackle a few small chores to get ready for the next day.

Today, one of my sisters called me around 9 pm which is totally late for me.  I did not pick up.  This sister can talk for an hour non-stop and barely lets me get in a word edge-wise.  The conversations are always lop-sided like that.  I definitely did not want to have to deal with that tonight.  

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Replies (11-20):
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I barely answer the phone. Everyone knows to text me :)

by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Depends on my mood and the time.
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:44 PM
It depends on my mood and who it is.
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Depends on how tired I am and what time they call. My mother usually calls early and I don't talk to her very much, so I will talk to her. I have a friend who lives in Las Vegas and I live in Pittsburgh, so we have the whole 3 hour difference. Sometimes she calls me after 10:00 pm and a lot of times I am too tired to talk, so I let it go to voicemail and call her on Friday or Saturday

have a nice day

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I always answer. I don't mind PM phone calls.

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I really only talk to my mom and I usually have time for her. I am not too busy in the evening. My kids always want to talk to grandma, but other than that, my phone barely rings.

by Betty on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:42 AM

I've tried to do that before too, but I find that it's impossible to do.  People don't want to keep the calls short when they call, and seem to get offended when I say that I can't talk long.   

Quoting christaberk:

Otherwise if I answer the phone, I keep it short.

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:52 AM
I talk to my family when they call from Italy, my kids calling from school and anyone else can leave a message.
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:39 AM
We text more than talk.. my family usually just calls if they need something. My job calls me all hours of the day/ night sometimes so I insist have my phone available.
by Tracy on Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:11 PM
If I heard the phone and I have a free hand I answer. No one ever calls me though
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN