Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

If it's a weekday, and you get a call from family members or friends in the PM, do you pick it up to chat, or do you let it go into voicemail and call back at a time in the next day or two when it is more convenient for you?

For me, I hate it when people call me on a weekday evening.  I'm usually super exhausted after working at a demanding job all day, and then when I get home, I usually have to get ready to haul the kids around to their sports practice or game.  So, when I get home from these extracurricular activities, I am drained of all energy, and then have to eat and tackle a few small chores to get ready for the next day.

Today, one of my sisters called me around 9 pm which is totally late for me.  I did not pick up.  This sister can talk for an hour non-stop and barely lets me get in a word edge-wise.  The conversations are always lop-sided like that.  I definitely did not want to have to deal with that tonight.  

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Replies (21-23):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:20 PM
everyone knows we are in bed by 9 most nights. and skype tells them if we are in or not anyway. so we dont get too many calls at night. as for friends in town. they know we are in bed by nine most nights anyway.
MamaK88
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:25 PM

um...it could be from the hospital, y'know 

HotMama330
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:42 PM

It's the opposite for me.  I'm self employed and work from home, so if someone calls while I'm working, I'm more likely to let it go into voicemail.

I'm looking for friends who are loyal, intelligent, kind and who love to chat.  If this is you, contact me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)