Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Your SO's opinion of WOH or WAH?

Posted by   + Show Post
So I am hanging out at home lately with the new babe. I grade papers and school things stuff on-line, but as a whole I am mostly a SAHM temporarily.

DH has stated on multiple occasions (recently when he woke up to homemade muffins), "I wish I could make enough money, you could just do this all the time" soooooooo, I know some of us choose to work, some of must work, some us it's a little of both, BUT

If the only factor was your SO's opinion, would he/she want you to be a SAHM?
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Replies (11-20):
coala
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:52 AM

He would prefer for me to SAHM.  I do mostly that anyway.  I WAH and I do all the SAHM stuff.  I play chauffer, make sure my kids are to and from appointments, and I make goodies from scratch.  Those are a few of the blessings I have because of my job.  I also HS my children and make sure that they stay on task (not as easy as it sounds).

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:56 AM
That's great!!

My DH would not be SAHD material, at all! He's be begging to go back to work!

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Well this, obviously! :)

But in real life, DH knows that I would go crazy being a SAHM. I really admire the moms who do it and stay sane. I can't do it. I went nuts on maternity leave and went back to work sooner than originally planned. I wish I had a cleaner house and had more time in the evenings to cook a better supper....but SAHM is not the life for me. Now, DH on the other hand would be an AWESOME sahd. 

Quoting the3Rs:

He would want us to be independently wealthy so we could both not work, LOL.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Maybe someday?!?

Quoting trfgirl56701:

DH and I both would like for me to be a sahm but it's not something we can afford right now.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I hope so. Maybe after baby #2 (if and when that ever happens)

Quoting Marti123:

Maybe someday?!?

Quoting trfgirl56701:

DH and I both would like for me to be a sahm but it's not something we can afford right now.

mickstinator
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I think he would love it if I could stay at home. Life would certainly be easier on him since I expect him to help with dinners and houshold chores as it is. I wouldn't be so dependent on him to help if I were at home more.

I will actually get a moment of sunshine in a few years if all goes according to plan. He graduates college in about 2-3 years (his pace is slow since he has a full time job). When he is done and in his career field, I plan on quitting my job completely and going back to school full time instead. 

rissarin
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:25 AM
No. But he knows I wouldn't be happy staying at home. ;)
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Dh and I both want one of us home right now because of ds2. I have no doubt there are days we wish we could trade places! Overall though I think dh wants me to work to whatever degree makes me happy. Hes said multiple times he just wished we had more money so I had more choice when to work
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Full-time school, just trading one job for another!

Quoting mickstinator:

I think he would love it if I could stay at home. Life would certainly be easier on him since I expect him to help with dinners and houshold chores as it is. I wouldn't be so dependent on him to help if I were at home more.

I will actually get a moment of sunshine in a few years if all goes according to plan. He graduates college in about 2-3 years (his pace is slow since he has a full time job). When he is done and in his career field, I plan on quitting my job completely and going back to school full time instead. 

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:29 AM
There is no way, I could WAH and home school the kids. It's really hard!

Quoting coala:

He would prefer for me to SAHM.  I do mostly that anyway.  I WAH and I do all the SAHM stuff.  I play chauffer, make sure my kids are to and from appointments, and I make goodies from scratch.  Those are a few of the blessings I have because of my job.  I also HS my children and make sure that they stay on task (not as easy as it sounds).

mickstinator
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:30 AM

haha, yeah, but i'll actually be doing something i want to do AND i'll get to see my kids during the week. this 50 hour workweek thing is killer.

Quoting Marti123:

Full-time school, just trading one job for another!

Quoting mickstinator:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN