Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Your SO's opinion of WOH or WAH?

Posted by   + Show Post
So I am hanging out at home lately with the new babe. I grade papers and school things stuff on-line, but as a whole I am mostly a SAHM temporarily.

DH has stated on multiple occasions (recently when he woke up to homemade muffins), "I wish I could make enough money, you could just do this all the time" soooooooo, I know some of us choose to work, some of must work, some us it's a little of both, BUT

If the only factor was your SO's opinion, would he/she want you to be a SAHM?
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Replies (21-30):
Josie_P
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:33 AM
my husband knows I would not be happy being a SAHM so he wouldn't even suggest it lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coala
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I'm not going to tell you that its easy, but it sure is rewarding.

Quoting Marti123:

There is no way, I could WAH and home school the kids. It's really hard!

Quoting coala:

He would prefer for me to SAHM.  I do mostly that anyway.  I WAH and I do all the SAHM stuff.  I play chauffer, make sure my kids are to and from appointments, and I make goodies from scratch.  Those are a few of the blessings I have because of my job.  I also HS my children and make sure that they stay on task (not as easy as it sounds).

christyg
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:25 PM

He wants me home .... so do I

strongerwtime
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 6:45 PM

The guy Im dating would love for me to stay at home in our ideal scenario.

janiswahm
by New Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I work from home now although I didn't have to work, I ended up really liking a company and it had benefits and we didn't have any of that, anyway so I started working from home and just really am having a great time doing that. It keeps me focused on positive things, I like the responsibility & I definately have a more positive outlook and feel great because I have money too now, lol.. and another nice thing is that he's really proud of me. :) 

Sister_Someone
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Okay, this is all hypothetical, since my SO and I don't have children together, but for the sake of discussion, let's run with it.

No, I don't think he'd really want me staying at home. He knows me enough to know that spells disaster. And that he may get left hooked if he ever suggested it. I need my work like I need air to breathe. If anything, I think he'd like to be the one staying at home. Besides, I earn more.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Ideally I'd work part-time
cubbies23
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:11 PM

My husband is the same way.  Or he would want me to earn enough so he could be home.

Quoting the3Rs:

He would want us to be independently wealthy so we could both not work, LOL.

arthistmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:29 AM

This. My husband knows I work for reasons other than money and he knows that becoming a SAHM would be the death of me.

Quoting Josie_P:

my husband knows I would not be happy being a SAHM so he wouldn't even suggest it lol.

sissyboogs
by Katie on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:31 AM

He wants me to do whatever makes me happy. 

I was a stay at home mom for a while after I had my first. He was happy with it, but I ended up hating it. I went back to work, and he was perfectly happy with that too, as long as I was happy. 

Now, he's the stay at home parent while he finishes school. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN