Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Your SO's opinion of WOH or WAH?

Posted by   + Show Post
So I am hanging out at home lately with the new babe. I grade papers and school things stuff on-line, but as a whole I am mostly a SAHM temporarily.

DH has stated on multiple occasions (recently when he woke up to homemade muffins), "I wish I could make enough money, you could just do this all the time" soooooooo, I know some of us choose to work, some of must work, some us it's a little of both, BUT

If the only factor was your SO's opinion, would he/she want you to be a SAHM?
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Replies (31-40):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
dh would prefer to have me at home. I did so for yrs but also taught throughout the yrs matching the kids hours at school ir helped when we had our own business. (we have been married for more than 30yrs.) both of which he considers to have been sahm mom kinds of jobs. so yes if he could match my ibcome or better. he would say hey stay home and I would say. yeah. no.
MooreMom523
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:35 AM
This sounds lame but he honestly would just prefer me to have a choice and then so what makes me happiest.
flutter523
by Tracy on Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:08 PM
He'd support whatever I decided. Not that it's an option but I wouldn't mind working part time
Mommabearbergh
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Yes. I loved being a sahm.
MamaK88
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Oh TOTALLY!!  

He'd LOVE to have a June-Fucking-Cleaver, mousey, little, doormat, 1950's style housewife.  

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:20 PM
This totally made me LoL. I take it, u are not the mrs Cleaver wanna-be?

Quoting MamaK88:

Oh TOTALLY!!  

He'd LOVE to have a June-Fucking-Cleaver, mousey, little, doormat, 1950's style housewife.  

MamaK88
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Oh hell no!  I'm definately a 21st Century Girl!!  

I sometimes fantize about being able to afford to keep a househusband!!!  

Quoting Marti123:

This totally made me LoL. I take it, u are not the mrs Cleaver wanna-be?

Quoting MamaK88:

Oh TOTALLY!!  

rebirthfreedom
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I have been a sahm for 3 years now.  Before I was a vice president at an online advertising firm.   I missed working (although I love my kids and being with them)  Plus it's extra hard for me to just go get a job because we have 2 special needs kids.  So I started a business at home and started blogging.  Now I get the best of both worlds.  

My husband was skeptical at first, and I'm still overcoming obsticales.   But I'm overcoming.. and he's getting excited that I'm getting customers and supporting me a lot more than what he did in the begining 

rebirthfreedom
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:08 PM

BUMP!

emshab
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:12 PM

My DH is about to be a stay at home dad so proably not.  I think he will enjoy being home to much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN