Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Football party food & go KC Chiefs

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:26 AM
  • 12 Replies
Our Kansas City Chiefs are doing really well for the first time in years! We are fair-weathered fans and having friends over for the game! Superfun!! What's your favorite football game party menu item?
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:45 AM

If anyone is coming over, we get beer, which is never in the house, chips/dip/salsa(homemade).  DH may grill some burgers, but we keep it pretty simple.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:49 AM

DH scored tickets to his employer's box at Arrowhead for a game in December! Superexcited!

I personally could live on buffalo chicken wings. But, chips and Velveeta/Rotel dip, veggie/fruit plate, grill something, popcorn.......I'd just go with munchie stuff that you can either buy or make ahead and not be all stressed out about it. If you want to do a meal, I'd suggest a taco bar because it's easy and won't require a lot of your attention.

Have fun!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Great ideas!! I do love to cook though!

Quoting adamsmom0116:

DH scored tickets to his employer's box at Arrowhead for a game in December! Superexcited!

I personally could live on buffalo chicken wings. But, chips and Velveeta/Rotel dip, veggie/fruit plate, grill something, popcorn.......I'd just go with munchie stuff that you can either buy or make ahead and not be all stressed out about it. If you want to do a meal, I'd suggest a taco bar because it's easy and won't require a lot of your attention.

Have fun!

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I do too, but if I'm throwing a party, I want to be at the party and not stuck on food detail the whole time! That's why I try to do the make ahead stuff. Maybe some of those mini cupcakes, especially for the kiddos??

Quoting Marti123:

Great ideas!! I do love to cook though!

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Have fun!

flutter523
by Tracy on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Chicken wing dip is a big hit here
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Chicken wings, twice cooked baked potato, chips and dip. Finger foods are the best way to go
MooreMom523
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:36 PM

They are my hubby's favorite team! Took our DD over to grandma's house tonight because we are driving down tomorrow to go to the game!!

MooreMom523
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:36 PM

As far as football game food-- I like Beer--There I said it! Also chips and dip!

mickstinator
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:27 AM
My husband's family knows how to throw a game watching party. The best food! Little smokies in the slow cooker, my husband's guacamole, they make this fabulous corn and jalapeno dip and brats and of course beer. Usually I make a dessert to go along.
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:59 PM

How did the party go? Great game! Yay Chiefs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN