Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Early childhood memories

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:38 PM
  • 12 Replies

What age were you in your earliest childhood memories?  I read an article that normal recovery is about age 5.  I remember things from as early as 3 or 4, but only a few things.

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Age 3 in preschool
berlgirl1224
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Don't remember much of anything
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know. Sometimes I can't tell if I actually remember the event or if I think I remember it because I've heard the story so many times.
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:55 PM

My mom is amazed at some of the things I remember.  I was telling her about a fight I remember her and my dad having.  I thought it was 3 different fights, but the memories were all from the same day, which was one continuous fight, their last before my mom left.  I was 5.

I remember at 4 being taken for stitches in my forehead and watching a nurse blow up a balloon with his ear (or so it seemed to a 4 year old).

I remember being alone in the hospital overnight at 3.  I remember the bed I was in, the Keri Lotion I got to use, and the very nice lady who watched over me as well as her own daughter. 

I remember my sister pushing me off a toy truck (rideable) so she could ride on it.

I remember how mad my sister would get when my mom brought me to her class so she could help out.  Sis hated it cause I got a lot of attention.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I remember looking up at yellow curtains in my room when I was in a crib.  That's it - just seeing the curtains - I was young enough to be in a crib.

Next 'real' memories are when I was 5 but only snippets of our grand, month long vacation out west in a motorhome.

Regular memories that are fairly consistent?  Much older...maybe 10?

Marz31
by Silver Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I remember things from both years of preschool, but only a small handful of things, altho those are still VERY vivid memories!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Quoting adamsmom0116:

I don't know. Sometimes I can't tell if I actually remember the event or if I think I remember it because I've heard the story so many times.

right? or if I've seen a picture of it?

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Yes, exactly!

Quoting leahbeah143:

Quoting adamsmom0116:

right? or if I've seen a picture of it?

flutter523
by Tracy on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:23 PM
I rembemer a few things from maybe 4/5. I have a terrible memory though
mickstinator
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:51 PM
My earliest memories are around 4 or 5. I remember going to Disney world at four. Just very small bits of it, though. The light parade and the small world ride. Haha! That tune really stuck with me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN