Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wish I could control the world!

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:40 PM
  • 3 Replies
Or just a few select parts of it. We bought our house in the best school district with a great elementary school. Yay us. But because of that we are very limited on charter options and none are bilingual. There are two charters schools in the less than stellar district near us that do immersion program pay preschools. I want to start him there but when it comes to kindergarten there, he won't have a shot at getting in. :( There is a private school that does language immersion..for $12k/year * 2 kids * 12 years = us broke :(
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Oh no!  We are looking at Catholic school for Steph.  Not a bilingual school.  And it's cheaper than daycare!

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Ouch. Good luck!
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Worst case is he ends up at the school across the street which is extremely highly ranked score wise and every parent I've talked with is extremely happy with. They have only 23 kids per class and a great GT program. He does preschool there now 2 days a week. I just wish we could do bilingual. He can already do 90% of what his cousin is doing in kindergarten. The only thing he can't do yet is sight words. I figure bilingual is another way to expand his brain so hes not stuck for the next 3 years and dh and I can't help as much as I would like :(

Quoting deccaf:

Oh no!  We are looking at Catholic school for Steph.  Not a bilingual school.  And it's cheaper than daycare!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)