Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

What are your kids getting for Christmas this year?

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:25 PM
  • 32 Replies

What are your kids getting for Christmas this year?

We are still undecided about what to get the kids. I'd really like to stear away from electronics and major purchases and go smaller but I'm not sure.

The boys have expressed an interest in a bow or BB guns. We live in town though and I'm not sure either of them are allowed to be used in town. I know firearms in general are not but would a BB gun be considered a firearm?

It's definitely a possibility though.

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

nothing if she doesn't get her grades up!! Maybe workbooks?

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Just got shipment 1 last night

2 sticker books

1 movie

baby doll clothes

accessories for her doll house

Magnetic princess dressing dolls

Marz31
by Silver Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:19 PM

We just passed her birthday and I had a hard enough time coming up with something for that. she doesn't NEED anything and she WANTS everything! I ended up scoring on an AG Doll with an extra outfit for $50 on a flash sale a week before her birthday (Came the day after, but it was perfect timing!) and we're going to visit my sister (the rest of my family will be visiting as well) in NJ/NYC 2 weeks before Christmas, so I may just get some ideas from any shopping trips we do there (I think there's a plan to go to AG on 5th Ave for Tea one day!) and go from there. She'll get plenty from others and there's nothing BIG she wants. we might do a family gift of the new XBox One, and get her a dance game for that.

charmgirl
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Money is tight this year and I'm also trying to steer away from electronics. His bday is at the end of november. So its like one after another. Lol hoping to get some ideas from your post.
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I have absolutely no idea.  :(

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Not a clue. I think DH plans to give the older boys (college, military) gift cards or money, but the other kids, not a clue.
WILDCATGAL78
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 7:44 PM

I have no idea either. My daughter will be 10.5 months old at Christmas.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Just started working on the list actually. So far she has a shirt. Cinderella the movie is on the list, Lassie, Gilligan's island, craft stuff. That's all.
rissarin
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:32 PM
That's all so far I should say. She will end up with more. Always does.
iansmommy9
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:47 PM

The only thing I've bought so far is a bunch of puzzles. I've thought about soemthing like the Nabi (sp?) as an educational tool.  He's shown me a blue SUV at daycare he wants Santa to bring.

We've told the grandparents to limit themselves to 3 toys since they just overwhelm him with stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)