Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

What are your kids getting for Christmas this year?

Posted by   + Show Post

What are your kids getting for Christmas this year?

We are still undecided about what to get the kids. I'd really like to stear away from electronics and major purchases and go smaller but I'm not sure.

The boys have expressed an interest in a bow or BB guns. We live in town though and I'm not sure either of them are allowed to be used in town. I know firearms in general are not but would a BB gun be considered a firearm?

It's definitely a possibility though.

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Replies (11-20):
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:57 PM
I'm almost done with ds for myself, my mom, my brother, and my sister. I still need to stuff his stocking and get some of the books he asked for.
He got: skateboard, 2 ninja turtles, ninja turtle thing with nunchucks and throwing things, several movies, 8 video games, microscope (that has an eight inch screen), beywheelz. And I have the money to get him the Ninja Turtle lair. The lair was the only expensive gift at $80. One game was $40 and everything else was under $20.
He'll get a few more things from my aunt and uncle and his other grandmother.
strongerwtime
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

"you'll shoot your eye out kid " :) jk.

My daughter is 4...Will get her doll clothes and a doll with hair, that's all I can think of.

My son.....maybe a gift card to get a few wii games...and I dont know what else I will be able to buy.

mhaney03
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:23 PM

all my kids are getting different glowpets, since we already have the majority of the pillow pet collection through other people buying them as presents the past few years haha.

daughter is getting a fancy hello kitty eyeglass case.

3 year old is getting a seat pal, hopefully he'll stop tryign to get out of his carseat with that.

daughter is also getting a nerf bow & arrow set, and possibly a bigger clip for her .22 long rifle.

7 year old ... I haven't decided yet.  He's very hard to buy for.  Both boys have the same birthday, 4 years apart, on December 23rd so that makes it harder too.

mhaney03
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:24 PM

What kind of microscope are you getting?  We homeschool, and am looking for a good one.  The one I bought totally sucks, doesn't focus.  You get what you pay for...

Quoting cjsmom1:

I'm almost done with ds for myself, my mom, my brother, and my sister. I still need to stuff his stocking and get some of the books he asked for.
He got: skateboard, 2 ninja turtles, ninja turtle thing with nunchucks and throwing things, several movies, 8 video games, microscope (that has an eight inch screen), beywheelz. And I have the money to get him the Ninja Turtle lair. The lair was the only expensive gift at $80. One game was $40 and everything else was under $20.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:07 AM
It was a 'CSI' one I found at Toys R Us. I don't know how good it will be, but I know he'll have fun with it.

Quoting mhaney03:

What kind of microscope are you getting?  We homeschool, and am looking for a good one.  The one I bought totally sucks, doesn't focus.  You get what you pay for...

Quoting cjsmom1:

flutter523
by Tracy on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:58 PM
We got ds1 a new bed (it's a lift bed with a slide) and a bunch of smaller things like games and books. His bday is dec 1st so he gets lots.
Ds2 I'm just looking for some crawl through toys and a walker toy for him.
Jillysmom
by Adele on Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Thinking of getting dd (14) a new computer, a lot of her homework us in the computer and this would make it easier then using the family one.
rebeccab1966
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:33 PM

My son is a bow hunter, he got his first bow when he was 6, with a target to shoot at.  LOVED it.  How old are your kids?

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Not sure yet.  There are things they need (clothes, ODD needs a new car seat) and they want something different each week lol.

MsRkg
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:30 PM
He gave us a wish list. We will be able to get everything on it, and some extras we think he deserves. He's been awesome this entire year. He deserves it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)