Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

What are your kids getting for Christmas this year?

Posted by   + Show Post

What are your kids getting for Christmas this year?

We are still undecided about what to get the kids. I'd really like to stear away from electronics and major purchases and go smaller but I'm not sure.

The boys have expressed an interest in a bow or BB guns. We live in town though and I'm not sure either of them are allowed to be used in town. I know firearms in general are not but would a BB gun be considered a firearm?

It's definitely a possibility though.

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Replies (21-30):
christaberk
by Christa on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Clueless here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:16 PM
here bb guns are considered toys along with airsoft. our kids target practice with both in the backyard into foam targets also used for archery practice.
mskeeinmd
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Pajamas.  I don't know of anything else because my son doesn't ask for or need anything.  Maybe one or two toys and his room redecorated.

bosslady0410
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Clothes,toys & glow pillow pets
mickstinator
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:26 AM

so far i only have one gift - a big darth vader for my 5 year old. i will surely be getting them some pj's and probably a few long sleeved shirts. my 5 year old will definitely want legos. and i am thinking i'll get my 3 year old a little toddler camera. he loves playing with mine on my phone.

emshab
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:49 PM

So we have a book and an ornament for eahc.  I'm not sure what else they will be getting.  With moving soon after christmas I don't want to get anything too big.

funhappymom
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Quoting charmgirl:

Money is tight this year and I'm also trying to steer away from electronics. His bday is at the end of november. So its like one after another. Lol hoping to get some ideas from your post.

We are trying to stear clear of electronics, too. We may do the xbox 360 as a family gift though but I'm not really sure since we already have a wii.

Such tough decisions for sure.

funhappymom
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Quoting iansmommy9:

The only thing I've bought so far is a bunch of puzzles. I've thought about soemthing like the Nabi (sp?) as an educational tool.  He's shown me a blue SUV at daycare he wants Santa to bring.

We've told the grandparents to limit themselves to 3 toys since they just overwhelm him with stuff.

Thankfully my mil is really good about letting us have input on what to get them for Christmas. She is planning one big gift, money for them to spend and then money that will go straight to their savings acct.

Now to think of something for their big item, lol.

funhappymom
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I may have uttered that a few times myself, lol.

Quoting strongerwtime:

"you'll shoot your eye out kid " :) jk.

My daughter is 4...Will get her doll clothes and a doll with hair, that's all I can think of.

My son.....maybe a gift card to get a few wii games...and I dont know what else I will be able to buy.

funhappymom
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Quoting rebeccab1966:

My son is a bow hunter, he got his first bow when he was 6, with a target to shoot at.  LOVED it.  How old are your kids?

8 & 10.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN