Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Totally disoriented on maternity leave.......

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:25 AM
  • 5 Replies
Ok, so I am completely unaware of the time and date now.....i was supposed to go to work and help teach in Thursday, and no kidding, Thursday came and in my mind it was Wednesday because my oldest was out of school on Monday. I forgot about my YDS fall festival at school as well, although luckily we made it there late! Anyway, tonight it just now dawns on me, that tomorrow is the Saturday before Halloween, so we have to be at a parade/contest tomorrow (it's a must attend, Grandma sees costumes for the contest) and I did not prepare my 4 yo for the change in schedule, nor am I packed and ready to go now....... Ugh, I gotta get back to work just so I can keep my life straight. It's funny, how confused you can become when you slow down and lose focus. I didn't miss this much stuff working 12 hours a day...........good grief.
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Josie_P
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I felt the same exact way. Now that I'm back at work, I'm like "Wow, everything is so clear now!" LOL!

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Working helps me realize the date and day of the week so I completely understand.
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:20 PM
its not just that you are at a home but its also your hormones balancing act. you will get back in sync.
mickstinator
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:22 AM
I thrive on a schedule, do I definitely get you. I almost dislike missing work just because it throws off so much of my routine.
flutter523
by Tracy on Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:07 PM
That's the only reason I missed working when on maternity leave. All my days blurred together.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)