Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Burning out faster then normal

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:27 AM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this
How do you let your spouse know that your job is starting to take a toll on your body. I work overnights and sleep during the day. I had a baby three months ago and only got to have three weeks with her. Then back to work. I work in human services which can burn you out quick. Yesterday I had a anxiety attack at work which led to a ER visit. He sees what I am going through and I always say I am fine but I am not.

Whew just needed to get that off my chest and please no wahm try to pitch towards me
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:04 AM
you need to be more honest with your self and start to to try recognize your needs too. have you tried mindfulness or yoga?
rissarin
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Never hold things in! I've learned from experience that talking and getting things off your chest helps WONDERS! I used to suffer from bad anxiety, and it's a great feeling to figure out how to control it.
mickstinator
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:01 AM
I agree with the meditation. I struggle with my anxiety, too. It was the worst after I had my second son and was in a similar confines as you - overworked and exhausted and stretched thin. Focusing that negative energy into a positive outlet has been incredibly therapeutic. Now, I meditate in the mornings and I go to the gym thrice a week. I have such better grasp of my emotional control. Good luck! It will get easier, hon.
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:23 AM
*hugs* mama, you are going through a lot!!!! 3 weeks of "rest" to re-coop after having a baby? And working on nights, it's brutal! Even if your DH can't understand, seek help with medications, counseling, etc. good luck!
flutter523
by Tracy on Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Hugs momma. I tend to be the same way and always say I'm fine. Until I can't hold it together anymore and SO thinks my struggles are out of no where. He's learned over the years how to tell when I'm in too deep. Hopefully you can find a way to talk to dh and let him know you need a hand
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Good luck. Asking for help is never easy
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Idk. I don't have a spouse, so just sucking it up til I can retire in 9 years.
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:22 PM
3 weeks isn't long enough. Especially dealing with a newborn and healing body!

Quoting Marti123:

*hugs* mama, you are going through a lot!!!! 3 weeks of "rest" to re-coop after having a baby? And working on nights, it's brutal! Even if your DH can't understand, seek help with medications, counseling, etc. good luck!

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Be honest.  I've learned from experience how much work can take its toll on your body and your health.  I suffered from constant headaches and pains and anxiety attacks and near depression.  The best thing to do is be honest with yourself and your DH.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I don't have the kind of schedule you do.  I think working overnights is hard on a person.  You need to be honest.  With your DH and yourself.  If you cannot make it work, you'll need to find something else.  You may not want to hear it, but you have to take care of you, or you can't take care of those who need you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)