Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Vent it, ladies. Air it out.

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:02 PM
  • 48 Replies
What has ticked you off this week?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:26 PM

DH constantly whining about not feeling good. I get it, we're all sick, suck it up and deal with it.

mickstinator
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:30 PM
This has actually been a pretty good week so far. If you asked me last week, I'd have give you a nice, long answer. Haha.

I guess the worst thing is that I woke up with a tender, swollen eye this morning. Not sure if I just rubbed it the wrong way or what, but it seems to be feeling better.
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

The call I had yesterday that came to a total of $83,500 on an order after I had told the customer that she had a past due account and would be asked for a down payment before the order was shipped.  She wasn't finished ordering, her phone just cut off.  Either she was nuts, was planning on reselling the product, or she was just screwing around with me.

The conversation I had with my de facto supervisor at my other place of work this  morning, stressing accuracy and getting everything spot on right.  I am obsessive compulsive, I understand accuracy.  When the position was essentially created as I applied, the training was done on the fly, correections are done on the fly, and they only have things for me to do about 80% of the time, and I am going on four hours' sleep every night....even I will make mistakes on simple things, much as I hate it.  I can honestly say that this will not be a long term career position.  I like my coworkers, and if it were my only job it would be super easy, but there isn't a lot of structure, and I like structure.  

ODD acting out because she doesn't feel good.  She has allergy testing in two days, she will miss her daycare fall party, and I have no idea what if anything I will be able to do to make an allergy testing trip a bit more bearable because money is tight.

momof2ex1
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:13 AM
This lady at work started last year originally on my team with all of this accounting experience. She was supposed to be a great asset to my team. She proved to not have as much experience as she had stated but they decided to move her to a more entry level position on someone else's team. Fine whatever. I had a horrible time with her. She talked back and was rude. Told me I trained her to do things in a way I had never ever told her to do or that I ever would do myself.

Now the other team lead is having the same problems with her. So on Friday our boss said that's it. She's gone. It's Tuesday and she's still there. Making mistakes. She is causing an entire internal audit for that team going back 7 months. But she's still there. Instead of just moving on they are taking more from her and giving her the least to do. While shifting the burden of what she is supposed to be doing to my team and another team.

And to top it off... Not only do we get to share her load of things she won't be doing anymore ... I received a new task of crap to provide in my weekly meeting that is completely trivial. And something my boss should just be gathering herself. The work load has now tripled for my team yet there is no incentive for my team members to stay. They watch as this chick gets away with whatever and they are busting their tails. It's hard to be in that position bc I totally get their frustration. But there isn't anything I can do. I dread going in tomorrow because as soon as I see this chicks face ... I might explode.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iansmommy9
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Can't seem to get a clear direction on a project that just won't go away. I've revamped the thing a couple times and the target keeps changing. in the midst of this, my boss has apparently gone on medical leave (without really informing anyone in the department). We don't know when she will actually be returning to work.

My panic is that we'd originally said we'd make this a deliverable at our huge company trip in February, which means the video needs to be shot, edited, and to the duplicator by Jan 8th.  Oh, and there's a workbook that needs to go alongside it that needs to be desktop published, artwork and printed.

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 2:03 AM

I asked hubby to bring in the Halloween decorations from the garage over the weekend and he still never did and now there is no point!  My house is a mess and there just isnt enough hours in the day for me to catch up with everything but I am sick and tired of having to do it all!!

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 2:04 AM

work-wise--The Supervisor of the unit has resigned and now everthing is up in the air about who will approve us working overtime and I need to work it because now my house is falling apart!!  Ugh!

M4LG5
by Valeri on Oct. 30, 2013 at 2:11 AM
My husband....he is so negative that sometimes I just cant take it and want to get the hell away.
LoveJoy9563
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:06 AM

Main this week is I have two male staff that work with me that are complete slimeballs and they are trying to single me out and make me look bad to take attention off of their wrong doings. So frustrating.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:51 AM

My BIL who seems to have no empathy or even an understanding of the way normal life works and the responsibilities that people may have.  Him and a couple of friends bought DH a ticket for last night's hockey game without really saying anything to him.  DH woks in the city and usually doesn't get home till about 8 and the game starts at 7 about 20 minutes away from our house.  DH has a big case and couldn't really leave early, yet BIL was insisting and just didn't understand why DH couldn't make it.  On top of that, they had lost the tickets so each person would have to pay some kind of fee to replace them so they were pretty much double-paying for the tickets. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)