Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

What to wear to parent teacher conferences?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:15 PM
  • 14 Replies

As much as I like to look at clothes, a lot of my things don't fit. I have no idea what to wear. 

by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:18 PM
I wear whatever. Long as it is tasteful.
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Lol. I was like 2 weeks post-partum, I figured as long as I remembered to stick my breasts back in my shirt and I wasn't leaking, and I had pants on,I was good!
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I wear whatever is comfortable that is appropriate and covers what should be covered.

mickstinator
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:26 PM
My conference was on the school's pj day, so my son's teacher was in her pajamas. Haha! I was in my work clothes, so business casual.
NananRaysmom
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I wear jeans and flip flops
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:39 PM
just remember you will be sitting in low tiny chairs. not the day for short skirts and high heels.
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:43 PM
This

Quoting Marti123:

Lol. I was like 2 weeks post-partum, I figured as long as I remembered to stick my breasts back in my shirt and I wasn't leaking, and I had pants on,I was good!

MommyChance
by New Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:47 PM
I usually wear my work attire, so a business suit. That's just because I always end up going straight from work to conference. If not, I'd probably just wear jeans and a decent shirt. No need to impress, I walk my son to class every morning, so anything is a step up from the messy ponytail, jeans, light jacket and flip flops!! Ha!
momof2ex1
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:07 AM
I went straight from work yesterday. I wore black slacks, heals and a sweater top. My dh wore his slacks and polo. The teacher... She's so cute. She's real young and spunky. She was wearing jeans with flats and a cute top. Whatever she wore to school. Hardly any of our teachers dress extremely formal. I think they all dress as comfortable as possible. And I'm sure she likes the parents to be as comfortable as possible. I'm betting she didn't even notice what I was wearing. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iansmommy9
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Whatever your normal attire is. When I was teaching, I had some parents come in scrubs, business casual, and some in jeans and a nice top or polo. Just depended on the parent. As long as it's tasteful, I think you'll be fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN