Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Books for kindergarten children

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:44 PM
  • 11 Replies
How often do you buy books or ebooks for your kids?
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:13 AM

annually

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:08 AM

My 3yo DS has a ton of books. I haven't bought him a new one in a year or more since he rarely even looks at them :( As far as reading to him? Forget it. He usually grabs the book and runs for the hills lol

mickstinator
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:09 AM

i usually get my kids books for christmas and their birthdays. they also get some at various times throughout the year from their grandparents or if my husband just can't resist (half priced books has him wrapped around their finger!) and we go to the library regularly.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Every birthday and Christmas. E books, sometimes just because a couple times a year.
christaberk
by Christa on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:24 AM
I buy whatever she is in to at that time. She loved llama llama for months. Now she is big in to nonfiction informational texts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aj_mom
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:18 PM

It varies.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I am an Usborne Books and More consultant, so she gets new books all the dang time! LOL which reminds me, we need a new bookshelf for her BADLY! We have some great early readers that are progressive in nature, as well as some two-level readers that have a large easy line for new readers and a couple of smaller harder lines that they can read after they've mastered the easy part.  I'm excited to get those for her in a few months (she'll go to kindy in the fall) and start her reading them with me. 

arthistmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Often, in addition to birthdays and holiday gifts. And now that our older son is in third grade and well into reading, my MIL, a former teacher, gave him the books she's collected over the years. He's also inherited some of my husband's favorite books growing up (like Roald Dahl's books)and they're beginning to read them together now.
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 7:01 PM

The girls have a ton of books they have inherited.  They also get books from book orders when we can get them, one each.  I also put books on their Christmas and birthday lists.  I love books, and so do they :)

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:04 PM
All the tine. Ds loves to read and is constantly getting new books.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN