Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Black tie

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:43 PM
  • 16 Replies
So, we have started receiving information on our holiday work event. Its going to be a black tie formal event. I haven't had an extremely formal holiday party in at least 10 years. I have heard my company party is not to be missed though, so I guess its time to go shopping. Any idea what your holiday party will be?
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:48 PM
I don't believe we'll have one...I've never attended a black tie event - I wouldn't even know what to buy! Have fun shopping!
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:51 PM

We don't have one.  DH had one a few years ago, but attendance was poor so they didn't do it again.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:10 PM

My job doesn't do holiday parties.

crazymomma87
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Our "Christmas Party" is working half a day then boss taking everyone to lunch.
leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Yes it's at a winery and will have a comedian I think.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:35 PM

We have a pretty casual holiday party at one of the restaurants here in the city. It's usually a luncheon.  I attended last year, but I really have no desire to attend again but it's kinda frowned upon.

Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:26 PM

We don't have one anymore. My old team might go out to dinner and I might attend. But of my actual current team mates, only one lives in the same city. 

JessiFaye
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

We'll probably just have a pot luck in the office the Friday before Christmas. :) The university where I work is closed 12/23-1/1, so that's our party. lol

Marz31
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:09 PM

My company's holiday party is very fancy. we've had them at hotels with live bands and gambling in years past. and this year, like 5 years ago (When I had an infant) our party is the super fancy dinner theatre in Seattle. HOWEVER, I'll be 3000 miles away for it, so I'm obviously not going and not too broken up. it would be fun, but we'll be having more fun in NYC/NJ visiting my sister and seeing all the holiday lights :) Our old company (DH and I worked at the same place) used to have what they called WWC Prom and men would rent tuxes. it was FANCY SCHMANCY! Those were the days! the tech boom :)

christaberk
by Christa on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:56 PM
We have a dinner but not a fancy one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN