Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Have you always been a working mom?

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:02 PM
  • 35 Replies
I have always been a WOHM. When other WOHMs complain about hard it is, I have a hard time conceptualizing the issue because it's all I've ever known. I wonder if I'd find it more difficult if I'd ever been a WAHM or SAHM.

What do you think?
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mickstinator
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:25 PM
I've always been a working mom, but I've fluctuated from 20 - 40+ hours a week. Right now I'm at the 40+, but in a few years, I should be able to quit my job and go back to school.
aimesnyc
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:31 PM
I've always worked outside the home. So did my mom. It sucks, but gotta do what ya gotta do!
raegan1221
by Raegan on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:34 PM

I agree with you. It is all I've ever known...single WOHM. Never had any other option.

Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Yup. All I have ever known.
TnGsMomma
by New Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I've always been a working mom and always will be, so I'm not much help ;) 

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:41 PM
I've always been a working mom. I don't think we can understand how easy or hard something is until we've had to do it ourselves. Plus what you find hard I may not, it's a matter of personal opinion.
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Always, sometimes pt, usually ft.  Longest I have stayed home was three months after having ODD and DH having surgery

iansmommy9
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Worked up until the minute I went into labor...had 4.5 months off for leave. I didn't like the idea of leaving my baby at daycare, but I was ready to go back to work for the adult interaction.

I would love to work from home a couple days a week, but I'd still like to go into the office some days too. Don't see that in my near future, but maybe someday it could happen.

KYmama76
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:11 PM
I worked full time for years and then quit my job to be a SAHM for a few years while they were in elementary school. Now that I'm back working full time again, it's even harder for me. I miss being a SAHM :(
rissarin
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:22 PM
I was a SAHM for the first 10ish months. Although it was nice to not "work", it wasn't for me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)