Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Favorite healthy quick meals

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:54 PM
  • 6 Replies
What meals are your go to favorites to feed your kids?
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Crock pot chicken. There are so many different ways to do it, the possibilities are endless. And, with the crockpot, I take 5 minutes in the morning and supper is ready when I get home.

With winter heading our way, we'll do soups a lot, too but those aren't exactly quick.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Chili in the crockpot. It tastes amazing and there's always leftovers.
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Let's see taco salad is a go to, but my DSs add a bit a saturated fat, lol with chees and sour cream, but still we get low fat protein and veggies.

Chilis and soups are big favorites for our fiamly in the the fall and weather becuase not quick to make, they are the one thing that we ALL will eat warmed up! So I can make them on the week-end and then nuke them in the microwave later that week.

We do those very small pork tenderloins, marinated in some lime and cumin and serve is with slaw, very quick and yummy.

Summertime, I cut a lot of salad fixings up ahead of time on the week-end, so we can make salads, although once again the kids tend to use ranch instead oil/vinegar dressing.

And then, depending on which bandcamp you are in when it comes to gluten/wheat and processed pasta. My kids favorite is pasta with vegetables, any and all kinds as long as there is pecorino or parmesan chees to grate and add on. I do use this is moderation, since pasta isn't probably the best for us. But kids LOVE it.

Are you looking for new recipes to try?

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:44 PM
I'm always looking for new recipies and ideas ;) It was also asked in another post so I figured I would ask others as well

Quoting Marti123:

Let's see taco salad is a go to, but my DSs add a bit a saturated fat, lol with chees and sour cream, but still we get low fat protein and veggies.

Chilis and soups are big favorites for our fiamly in the the fall and weather becuase not quick to make, they are the one thing that we ALL will eat warmed up! So I can make them on the week-end and then nuke them in the microwave later that week.

We do those very small pork tenderloins, marinated in some lime and cumin and serve is with slaw, very quick and yummy.

Summertime, I cut a lot of salad fixings up ahead of time on the week-end, so we can make salads, although once again the kids tend to use ranch instead oil/vinegar dressing.

And then, depending on which bandcamp you are in when it comes to gluten/wheat and processed pasta. My kids favorite is pasta with vegetables, any and all kinds as long as there is pecorino or parmesan chees to grate and add on. I do use this is moderation, since pasta isn't probably the best for us. But kids LOVE it.

Are you looking for new recipes to try?

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Pasta with red (little bit of every veggie tomato sauce) or green sauce (kale and spinach pesto)

STIR FRY!!!!!!!!!!

Breakfast- pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs.

Chicken strips and sweet potato fries

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:13 PM

We had the pasta tonight.  I make big batches of the red sauce and freeze in four cups portions, lasts us a month or two.  The pesto I make about a cup or two and freeze it in ice cube trays- ODD loves the pesto, YDD and I prefer the red, so the ice cubes are perfect one serving portions of sauce.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)