Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Breaks/ Lunch at workplace

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:17 PM
  • 32 Replies

Breaks & Lunch

How many breaks do you have before lunch?

How does your employer set them up.

Do you get any breaks/or lunch even if you work Part-time?

Do you have 10-15min breaks or an hour lunch?

Do have stay in or can you leave job site?

by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsRkg
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:21 PM
My employees have an hour for lunch but if they need a longer one they can take it so long as they are not abusing it and getting their work done on time. They are free to leave the site or eat on site and they can take the break whenever they want or is practical to them. I usually take out my team 2 times a week or so and we have food catered in almost every day so they have a multitude of options at their disposal.
rissarin
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:22 PM
I don't get a "break" anymore, now that I leave an hour+ everyday for class. Guess that counts as a "break".
Mireya926
by Mire on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I go in at 6am. My first break is 8am-8:15am witch I never take cause am arranging the classroom for the day. My lunch is only 30min and at 10am. Yes I have Lunch at 10am witch really sucks, but I get off at 2:30pm go home and eat for real. 

i really can't have a big lunch or go anywhere so I bring snacks or have coffee. Or Post on CM when I can. Like now.

Got to set up an appointment, and then head back have a great lunch everyone!

Marz31
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I can take breaks anytime I need to, rarely actually leave my desk in the mornings (I mean, to leave the building) but I check email and whatnot. lunch is an hour, I either sit at my desk and read or go out with my coworkers, but that's usually once a week at most. 

ablox
by Aisha on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I can walk away from my desk when I want but hardly every go anywhere, I get an hour for lunch but am usually at my desk for fear that someone will call and need something. I really should get out more but its also cold and I do not do cold.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:38 PM

We technically get two 15 minute breaks. We aren't allowed to leave the property so I bring my lunch and usually just eat it at my desk. I don't have anyone that can relieve me so when I do take a break (which is usually just one around 11) I just put up a sign saying be right back and shut my door.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:51 PM

We don't have scheduled breaks. We just break when we need to. It's really a pretty relaxed environment.

Lunch hours are staggered since we have to have someone to answer the phone, handle the front security gate, and keep trucks running through the scale.

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Most of the time I get an hour and a half lunch and can leave... well thats the norm for an Active Duty Army job if we aren't out working somewhere else.
Mantidae
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I'm salaried and in a unique position.  Within the bounds of reason and office culture, make my own schedule and take lunch when I'm hungry for as long as it takes to get lunch.

I'm a tree-hugging, breastfeeding, non-circing, vaxing, co-sleeping/bed-sharing, ethical eating, nearly vegan, home-birthing, Pagan, Unitarian Universalist, pro-choice, cloth diapering, Scorpio, feminist, half-Canadian, animal activist mommy to one clever little girl (11), the cutest little boy ever born (3), two mischevious rescue mutts (fixed), and an attention starved rescue kitty (also fixed).  Married to my own personal MacGyver.

Marine. Lawyer. Mommy. Wife. 
Making Sustainability Work in Busy, Everyday Life.
Urban Earthworm

momofthree929
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I don't get a break. I just use any down time to eat or whatever. We don't have enough employees to get breaks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN