Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

work gifts

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:19 PM
  • 25 Replies
Do you Christmas gifts at work?

We're doing "secret Santa" this year. Last year I bought everyone a small gift. This year the limit is $20/person for the secret Santa. I got the oldest lady here, around 60 years old, whom I know the least out of everyone here. Guess it's only fair that I get the toughest one for me; I had everyone else figured out had I gotten them. Haha!
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marz31
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:38 PM

We don't do anything like that. it would be tough for sure! most of the gifts would probably be starbucks gift cards with a mug or something anyway. 

rissarin
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:44 PM
See, that was my plan for everyone else, gift cards, mugs, coffee, etc. This woman has everything and the funds to buy anything she doesn't already have. Haha. I think I'm thinking too hard.

Quoting Marz31:

We don't do anything like that. it would be tough for sure! most of the gifts would probably be starbucks gift cards with a mug or something anyway. 

ablox
by Aisha on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:49 PM

We dont do that but then again there are only 3 of us. Thank goodness I would drive myself nuts trying to figure out what to buy.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:52 PM

and gift shops you can go to and maybe find a little something for her workspace? does she read? use a kindle? maybe an Amazon gift card? I know people who have money (lots of it) but don't always spend it on certain things, like books, because they don't see the need, but a gift card for that specific thing makes them very happy :) 

Quoting rissarin:

See, that was my plan for everyone else, gift cards, mugs, coffee, etc. This woman has everything and the funds to buy anything she doesn't already have. Haha. I think I'm thinking too hard.

Quoting Marz31:

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:42 PM

We don't that at my current post only because there aren't that many of us and I don't see the other guards until I go sign in. We did have a secret Santa one year at another building I worked at and it went okay. Most of us ended up with gift cards. 

rissarin
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:44 PM
We don't really have a "work space" here. Ha! But I know she likes decorative things, so I'm thinking picture frames for the grandkids' pictures or something like that. She's also very churchy (like everyone I work with) so I may go that route. I've got awhile yet, thankfully!

Quoting Marz31:

and gift shops you can go to and maybe find a little something for her workspace? does she read? use a kindle? maybe an Amazon gift card? I know people who have money (lots of it) but don't always spend it on certain things, like books, because they don't see the need, but a gift card for that specific thing makes them very happy :) 

Quoting rissarin:

Quoting Marz31:

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't really do anything. I usually get a small something for each of my employees, but it's nothing real significant.

One year I got tired of listening to people sniff all day so I got each person a purse-packet thing of Kleenex. Apparently I was feeling extra bitchy that year!

teapartydiva524
by New Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:24 PM

We do.  There's only 4 of us and we've all worked together for 7+ years so it's relatively easy for us.

Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was in the office we did secret Santa, but we had to write a list of things we liked or didn't like. 

examples- I hate the smell and taste of vanilla -  so I then everyone knew not to get me vanilla candles or lotion (ick) 

But now that i am at home, it is too big of a pain and most of my team mates are in different cities. 

rissarin
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:31 PM
That's a good idea! Maybe I'll bring that up.

Quoting Bubbie0809:

When I was in the office we did secret Santa, but we had to write a list of things we liked or didn't like. 

examples- I hate the smell and taste of vanilla -  so I then everyone knew not to get me vanilla candles or lotion (ick) 

But now that i am at home, it is too big of a pain and most of my team mates are in different cities. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)