Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is that a problem?

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:51 AM
  • 13 Replies

Steph did not sleep in her own bed all night last night.  She woke about 2:30 and was in tears.  She wanted Daddy, not mommy.  But I needed her to stop crying so I could take her into our bed to daddy without waking him.  It didn't work.  But she calmed when he got up and took her to our room. 

This morning, I asked what had caused it.  She said there was a dragon in her room and it was a scary dragon.  She then says, "I need to sleep in this room (ours).  Is that a problem?"

How do you keep from laughing when they are so serious?

by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:57 AM

HA! Sometimes the laughs just come out before you can stop them!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:16 AM

it's really hard lol

mickstinator
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:16 AM

lol! Oh, that little girl knows exactly how to work you! ; ) 

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Lol it's hard to remain serious sometimes
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Lol I would have been laughing.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:22 PM

awwww! She's adorable!

you should try some sort of spray (could be water!) and call it "Dragon and Monster be gone" and then each night, spray it around her room! you never know, it could work. or it might not but if it does, WOOHOO!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Too funny.

My 4 yo this morning, "I have a good plan."

Me---Yes........

DS "I am going to stay home today and help grandma and papa take care of baby Mae"

Me--Oh so you aren't going to go to school?

DS "No, I really don't think so. Not today, but I will another day."

Me--that is a plan, but buddy, you are going to school today.

Tantrum then followed, but gotta give him credit, he was just trying to play it cool!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:29 PM

We have tried, and it just doesn't work.  We have had alligator, tiger, dragon, dinosaur, and monster problems.  We have had the dog "check" the room every night.  We have special stuffed animals that "protect" her and her bed.  We have had Elmo, a good monster on guard. 

She suffers not only nightmares, but night terrors.  I think she is doomed to wake every night for the foreseeable future.

Quoting Marz31:

awwww! She's adorable!

you should try some sort of spray (could be water!) and call it "Dragon and Monster be gone" and then each night, spray it around her room! you never know, it could work. or it might not but if it does, WOOHOO!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Yeah, Steph can bargain, too.  She is pretty good at it.  But she knows school is a must, so doesn't bargian for that.  She will bargain for extra park time, something she wants for dinner, that kind of stuff.

Quoting Marti123:

Too funny.

My 4 yo this morning, "I have a good plan."

Me---Yes........

DS "I am going to stay home today and help grandma and papa take care of baby Mae"

Me--Oh so you aren't going to go to school?

DS "No, I really don't think so. Not today, but I will another day."

Me--that is a plan, but buddy, you are going to school today.

Tantrum then followed, but gotta give him credit, he was just trying to play it cool!

Marz31
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:40 PM

:( Do you do the partial wake about an hour after she's gone to sleep? I've heard that can work to quell the night terrors sometimes. Sorry it's such an issue :( My daughter was in our bed at 3, and around 4.5 we figured out what might motivate her. but since then we've noticed other sensory issues and that may have been the problem all along. 

Quoting deccaf:

We have tried, and it just doesn't work.  We have had alligator, tiger, dragon, dinosaur, and monster problems.  We have had the dog "check" the room every night.  We have special stuffed animals that "protect" her and her bed.  We have had Elmo, a good monster on guard. 

She suffers not only nightmares, but night terrors.  I think she is doomed to wake every night for the foreseeable future.

Quoting Marz31:

awwww! She's adorable!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)