Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Gym membrrship

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 3:21 PM
  • 12 Replies
Seriously thinking of joining a gym.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
motetsi
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Best thing I ever did two years ago, my son goes with me, we both love it. Only downside he gets sick from it in the winter months. When we take a break from it, he stops getting sick.
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Only helpful if you are also seriously thinking about GOING.  I used to go, but then life got in the way, so I ended up cancelling.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I totally agree with this.

I will also add though, that when I paid for a membership, I felt the urge to go more often because I didn't want to waste that money. So, it could be a good motivator.

Quoting deccaf:

Only helpful if you are also seriously thinking about GOING.  I used to go, but then life got in the way, so I ended up cancelling.

Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 4:32 PM

I am a member of planet fitness and when I actually GO i love it. But sometimes it is so hard to talk myself into going. 

christaberk
by Christa on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:53 PM
They have free childcare with this particular membership so I would be all out of excuses.

Plus my teaching partner can be my accountability partner, so I think I would go.

Quoting deccaf:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RhiannonMare
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I belong to Planet Fitness, but I haven't gone in a long time. I've been trying to fit going there between dealing with school and working, but so far, school and work have won.

blessedmom1978
by Vanessa on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:40 AM

I have one, don't go :(

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:30 PM
It's so helpful when the gym has childcare

Quoting christaberk:

They have free childcare with this particular membership so I would be all out of excuses.

Plus my teaching partner can be my accountability partner, so I think I would go.

Quoting deccaf:

Marz31
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:33 PM

We've been members of our local Golds for years, we've gone on and off so we haven't necessarily always gotten our money's worth. but if we cancel, we don't have the option anymore and we NEED to go more often. I think once we get into a groove with counseling, and my back gets better, I'll be more inclined to go. I'm still trying ot figure out the best time for DH to go and then MAKE him go. 

rissarin
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:57 PM
I wish my gym had childcare. I would go straight after work!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN