Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

One-on-One

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM
  • 10 Replies
2 moms liked this
DH works every Saturday so it's always just the kids & I. But last night my younger two had an impromptu sleep over at grandma's.

So this morning, I woke up early & realized that it was JUST DS14 & me! We haven't had a Saturday morning with the two of us since he was a young 4 years old (before DS10 was born).

So, we decided to have a breakfast 'date' & went to IHOP. Then, since we were in town we hit the grocery store & then came home. He never stopped talking the entire time & thanked me for our 'date' when we got home.

Now THAT'S how to start the weekend :)

How is your Saturday going?
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2Boys0900
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Aww, that's sweet. I rarely get a chance to spend one on one time with either of my boys. Its usually all 3 of us.
My weekend started off a little busy but now, I plan to cook, do laundry and clean, then relax and watch tv
Marz31
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:36 PM

that's really sweet! I'm glad you two enjoyed the day so far :)

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 2:13 PM
So awesome!

My 4 yo woke telling me he would try harder "to be good" today, since last night we went to bed after a viscous "battle". God bless him, he tries and has done a little better today.

We are heading to the zoo!
christaberk
by Christa on Nov. 9, 2013 at 2:43 PM
How nice!

My daughter is sick and fussy. Our day has consisted of grocery shopping and cuddling at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Oh, that's so great! I love dates like that! :)
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:33 PM
That's sweet!
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:34 PM
I worked all day then drove my mom to do her laundry. Now we're about to watch Monsters University and have snacks.
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Vet appointments for both dogs. I will never take them at the same time again. It was chaos whenever another dog came into the waiting area. Both have ear infections, though one is on the mend. One had urinalysis to see if she needs estrogen for her incontinence. The other has a prednisone script for the allergies that are causing the ear infection.
jamberrypie
by Betty on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:47 AM

That's so sweet, and I think it's extra sweet that he even thanked you for the special morning.

flutter523
by Tracy on Nov. 11, 2013 at 6:42 PM
That's so fun! I had my sisters baby shower on Saturday and a play date with my oldest
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)