Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Do Any of You Have a Lazy Co-worker?

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:31 PM
  • 10 Replies

I just started a new job about a month ago and it seems as though I do the lion's share of the work. I knew this when I took the job and I am just trying to get along with my co-worker as best as I can. I do most of the paperwork and she handles the phone calls. My MIL died last week and I emailed her to let her know. She was supposed to supply the information to the School Board. She didn't, someone else had to do it. I asked her for a paper regarding a day off and she told me she was too busy, so I found the paper and filled it out myself. The whole office, including the principal, assistant principal sound like there is a party going on sometimes. She left early twice last week, she said she didn't take a lunch and left an hour early. My DH tells me not worry, just do my job, but it is irritating. Can't go to the principal as she loves her. How can I handle this without letting it kill me?

3MOM627

have a nice day

by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:49 PM
who was doing your work. before you came in board?
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:12 AM

I had one that literally slept 4 of the 8 hours that he "worked!" Literally snoring and everything!

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Try not to let it get to you. Just continue to do your job.
kellysp6637
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:16 AM

OMG...YES and it's so damn annoying.  And to make matters worse he is paid MORE than me.....he also has a disability (Autism or Asbergers) so he truly uses that to get out of more work....it's disgusting.  I no longer try to help him with his job......(where before I felt bad and would help him to make sure our clients didn't suffer)....now I have realized I have to let the clients suffer and complain so that the management will address the issue...and FINALLY it's beginning to work.  Management has noticed.  I REFUSE to do my job AND his job....

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Yes but thankfully he only works over here if someone is out, like last Thursday and Friday. We're supposed to sign in everybody that comes in without a badge, keep an activity report showing what we did throughout our shift, fill out a post inspection (stating how many keys, badges, etc) From what I can tell, this guy holds the chair down for 8 hours. I don't understand how he gets away with it. Just once I wish one of the security managers would catch a contractor wandering around the building without a badge and question the guy about it. I've told my supervisor about it but obviously they still put him over here.

I've gotten to the point that I don't help anyone. If you've worked this post by yourself more than a couple times, you're on your own. I refuse to put my butt on the line for someone who could care less about how his job performance looks.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:20 AM

yes, there is a woman here that everybody hates because she gets other people to do her job, and gets paid a lot more than half the people here. But they can't let her go for whatever reason. People have expressed their concerns to management as well as HR, but they told us to get over it because nothing was going to happen. So we've basically just had to put our heads down and deal with it. Morale has SUCKED since that happened.

WILDCATGAL78
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I hear ya! And I work for the school district too. My boss used to blame me for all the things she did and didn't do because the other girl was her secretary so she always took her side. I am trying to desperately hold on until Dec 20th because it's her last day!! All I could do was ignore her. Last year she was nice to me because I was pregnant. This year, I think everyone if finally seeing her true colors. The same goes for you. she'll eventually show them.

3mom627
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Another woman who bid out because she got sick of doing two jobs. I knew this when I took the job. It is just so annoying and she makes more money than me. She took a half day today, so it was just me by myself. Maybe something will come up and she will go somewhere else.

Quoting calsmom62:

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I would keep looking, too!!

Quoting 3mom627:

Another woman who bid out because she got sick of doing two jobs. I knew this when I took the job. It is just so annoying and she makes more money than me. She took a half day today, so it was just me by myself. Maybe something will come up and she will go somewhere else.

Quoting calsmom62:

flutter523
by Tracy on Nov. 11, 2013 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I work with several lazy people. I stick to my job and document things if they're really bad
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN