Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Heartbroken for my family

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:09 AM
  • 30 Replies

My aunt called me yesterday as I was pulling into our subdivision. My 18 year old cousin (the oldest of 2) was found dead in his apartment from apparent suicide. He had just graduated high school and moved into his 1st apartment last month. I'm still in complete disbelief that he's gone :( I used to babysit him and his brother all the time when they were little. I'm sitting here at work trying to keep it together and waiting to find out when everything will be so I can figure out when I'm leaving to make the 20+ hour drive home. I didn't think that DS and I would be able to go since money has been tight. DH brought up making the drive since it'd be about $700 cheaper than flying. I talked to my brother about going with so we can take turns driving so at least I'll have company and help with DS.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:18 AM

So sorry Melissa.  :(  Make sure to take the time you need to grieve.

im sorry

teapartydiva524
by New Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts at this difficult time.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:34 AM
I'm so sorry :(
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss :(

ablox
by Aisha on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I am so sorry, please get there safely

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Oh no! I'm so sorry for you and your family! Praying for you all.

Do remember to take the time you need for yourself to process and deal with this. Don't neglect your feelings.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I'm so sorry.  I can't imagine the pain your family is going through.  My prayers are with you.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Thanks ladies. I was a complete wreck most of last night and got very little sleep. Pretty sure I spent about 5 minutes bawling in my car before I had to try to pull myself together enough to get Jackson. It was a failed attempt but I did try. I'm worried about how Jackson will be during the funeral since this will be his first experience. I know that if he gets to upset I'll take him out but I guess we'll see.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:28 AM
This is awful news. I am so sorry. Depression can be a horrible, unfair disease and I feel sympathy for your family.

My thoughts are with you and your family. *hugs*
leahbeah143
by Leah on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:29 AM

*hugs*

I'm so sorry for your loss

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)