Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Nanny Cams

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:56 AM
  • 10 Replies

Have any ot you used Nanny Cams? Please share your experience or knowledge. Thanks.

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:07 PM

No nanny cams, but our house is pretty wired externally.  We see everything that happens around our house.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:19 PM

no, but we have no need. 

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Do you about others hacking in and watching your family. Getting information? Do you have sound or just images? Is is real time and delay?

Quoting deccaf:

No nanny cams, but our house is pretty wired externally.  We see everything that happens around our house.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:26 PM

They are not internet cameras.  They are hardwired to a computer dedicated to those cameras.  Images are stored on hard drive.  If something happens, we can review footage.  We can watch real-time if we are home.  It is sound and image.  The police have been to our house a couple times (alarm system alerted).  They appreciate the cameras and recommended we point one to the street so we can see someone coming up, he said it also helps the neighbors if something happens to them.

Quoting Marti123:

Do you about others hacking in and watching your family. Getting information? Do you have sound or just images? Is is real time and delay?

Quoting deccaf:

rissarin
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Quoting Marz31:

no, but we have no need. 

mickstinator
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I do not because I have no need for one. 

flutter523
by Tracy on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Nope. Don't feel the need for them
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:52 PM
I had one when ds had a sitter. We put the camera in a speaker box. I can't tell you much about the set up because my ex did it
christaberk
by Christa on Nov. 14, 2013 at 5:32 AM
Nope. We don't use babysitters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dmorris14
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I used a webcam when my kids were younger.  They were old enough to stay home alone but I was more comfortable leaving them alone knowing that I could check up on them.  One time, I caught them rolling around on the floor.  I called to see what was going on... they were fighting over the remote.  Really???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)