Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Famale Boss Vs Male Boss

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:48 PM
  • 23 Replies

Male Boss or Female Boss ?

This morning I hear this topic on the radio, What do you prefer a male boss or female boss. What I hear from women commenting on the matter really shocked me. I want to hear from you!

by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
illogicalkat
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I've never had a female boss that I did not respect. I've had a lot of really bad supervisors, though, and they were all men.

I guess I'm more concerned with their leadership & management skills, than their gender.

JeremysMom
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I want a fair boss. Gender doesn't (and shouldn't) matter.

kattcooper
by New Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Honestly, the best managers I have ever had are men. In the industry I worked in before being a SAHM was very much dominated with men and if a woman was in power it went to her head that she was better than the men. Ive seen it a lot. 

I guess it all depends on the industry you work in and the personality of the person in power. 

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Honestly it never occurred to me.  I have had good and bad male and female bosses.  Their gender never seemed to matter.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:04 PM
I've had good and bad supervisors of both genders.
Mireya926
by Mire on Nov. 16, 2013 at 12:22 AM

What I heard on the radio was a another women saying that she prefers to work with a male boss because women are very hard to deal with especially on PMS, I was like WHAT are you an Allen how about some support for your own gender.

I personally have only worked for women am a preschool teacher, Most of my Bosses are school director, I did have male supervisor were men, when I work in seasonal retail. Did not enjoy it much.

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Quoting Mireya926:

What I heard on the radio was a another women saying that she prefers to work with a male boss because women are very hard to deal with especially on PMS, I was like WHAT are you an Allen how about some support for your own gender.

I personally have only worked for women am a preschool teacher, Most of my Bosses are school director, I did have male supervisor were men, when I work in seasonal retail. Did not enjoy it much.

I haven't noticed anything with pms, I have male and female supervisors right now.  In a business sense I have noticed that certain female supervisors are less decisive than their male counterparts, but I attributed that to being just a personslity thing- my youngest brother is incredibly indecisive, thankfully for everyone he has no intentions of entering the business world lol.

CafeMom Tickers
Mommabearbergh
trying to have a smooth morning
Yesterday at 9:54 AM
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 1:27 AM
I have had both. I prefer a male boss.
LyTe684
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Male. Women are too catty.
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:54 AM
3 moms liked this
Couldn't make a bit of difference to me.

In fact, I am a little disturbed by the stereotypes I am seeing!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)