Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thaaaaanksgiving!

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:06 AM
  • 56 Replies

It's that time of year again! 

How much time do you get off for Thanksgiving?

Have you made your thanksgiving menu yet? 

Do you have a specialty dish you whip up every holiday season? 

Do share! 

Michaela
Wife to Mike
Mommy to Mitchell and Brody

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Just thanksgiving itself.
We are going to mils for dinner.
Cranberry scones are my big hit.
mickstinator
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Quoting deccaf:

Just thanksgiving itself.
We are going to mils for dinner.
Cranberry scones are my big hit.

mmm, i've never made scones before, but i want to try. my husband's aunt made some last year on our beach trip and i watched her make them. she had a nifty scone pan and everything. i bet yours are delicious! 

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:14 AM

We get Thanksgiving Day and Thanksgiving Friday. DH and I are taking off Wednesday also and taking the kids to Florida to see SS in the Navy. So, no menu for us this year - we will be eating out.

mickstinator
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:16 AM

we get thanksgiving day and friday off. 

i haven't figured out what i will be bringing, but i am not planning the meal itself. we are splitting the holiday between dinner at my mom's and my in-laws'. 

i usually make pumpkin cream pie. i tend towards bringing a dessert. 

mickstinator
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Quoting adamsmom0116:

We get Thanksgiving Day and Thanksgiving Friday. DH and I are taking off Wednesday also and taking the kids to Florida to see SS in the Navy. So, no menu for us this year - we will be eating out.

aw, that'll be a fun trip! i am contemplating taking Wednesday off. i can't decide if i'd rather use the time off at Christmas, though.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting adamsmom0116:

aw, that'll be a fun trip! i am contemplating taking Wednesday off. i can't decide if i'd rather use the time off at Christmas, though.

Except for the 19 hour drive, it will be fun :)

mickstinator
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Except for the 19 hour drive, it will be fun :)

yikes! yeah, that's not quite as fun. 

mommy2zbg
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I will be off work Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday

MENU - Ham, Baked Mac & Cheese, Broccoli and Rice,  Potato Salad, Broccol cauliflower and cheese, Rolls, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Green bean Casserole (because not everyone likes the casserole), Ranch Potato, Mac Salad,  deviled eggs, Corn, Dressing, Cranberry Sauce, Pea Salad, Sweet Potatoes, ... and lots of desserts.

I make the Green Bean Casserole. Yes this seems like a lot of food but I have a HUGE family and we do a Pot LUck

mickstinator
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:23 AM

we always make too much food! it gets eaten, though. eventually. ; ) we make a lot of those dishes as well! mmm, i can't wait to feast!

Quoting mommy2zbg:

I will be off work Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday

MENU - Ham, Baked Mac & Cheese, Broccoli and Rice,  Potato Salad, Broccol cauliflower and cheese, Rolls, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Green bean Casserole (because not everyone likes the casserole), Ranch Potato, Mac Salad,  deviled eggs, Corn, Dressing, Cranberry Sauce, Pea Salad, Sweet Potatoes, ... and lots of desserts.

I make the Green Bean Casserole. Yes this seems like a lot of food but I have a HUGE family and we do a Pot LUck

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:24 AM

No time off work.

I think we're going to skip it until the weekend since we both have to work. We were invited to my uncle's moms house so we'll probably head that way either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)