Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

So, this weekend....

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:58 AM
  • 7 Replies

Was super busy!

Saturday was a vet appointment (3rd in 3 weeks), then home to snuggle and play with the munchkin.

Grocery shopping after her nap (we took Grandma)

She decided to stay at Grandma's for a few hours, so DH and I went to Target to get a few things. 

Sunday, got up and started with cranberry scones, then cooking chicken for our soup tonight.  Chocolate Chip Cookie Sweet Rolls and Cinnamon Rolls. Cooked meat for the rest of the week's dinners.  Scrubbed kitchen (lots of flour all over!!).  During nap, I dug out the tricycle and cleaned it up for Steph.  Did all my laundry.  Made homemade tortilla chips for tonight's soup (Chicken enchilada soup, so needs chips).  Got Steph a bath, and lots of snuggles.  Played Dollies SO MUCH this weekend! 

How was YOUR weekend?

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Exausting. Nothing like travelling 2600 in 4 days. Then dealing with a funeral on top of that I just feel like I have nothing left to give and definitely need to recharge my batteries some how.

smileykt
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Mine kinda sucked...

I got the cold ds had last week, yeah!!!  Ds was at his Dad's this weekend, thank goodness, I could rest.  So it was movie night in the garage Friday (we have a wood burner and I got it cranking hot, just the way I like it) and relaxed on the recliner. Saturday morning 5:30am, I bundled up, sat in the treestand in the woods for a couple hours hoping to kill a deer, but saw nothing.  Walked back home and slept till 12:30.  Went  to the bank, and grocery shopping, and then SO was home so we went back in the woods (a different spot) to hunt again, which we saw nothing.  Came home, ordered pizza, and vegged on the couch.  Sunday I slept till 11, and sat on the couch with my kleenex and laptop and did some web design updates (my side work) for 4 hours till I had to pickup ds.  When we got home I made dinner and helped him with his homework (cause the ex claims that his homework is too hard for him to help ds).

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Suddenly I am jealous of you mothering an only child.............haha, just kidding.

We had a lazy week-end. We did some science stuff on stars and planets, rode bikes, held the baby a lot and watched too much netflix!!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:52 AM

not nearly as busy as yours lol

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Sounds like you had a really busy weekend
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:53 PM
I worked 10 hours on Saturday. Sunday ds and I did laundry, went shopping, and cooking lasagna for dinner.
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Well, Friday night my parents and DH's parents were here, along with SS18 who lives with my parents - for the HS play that SS17 and SD14 were in. So we all had dinner together and then went to the play.

Saturday was chores and laundry, meal planning and grocery shopping, and some Christmas shopping.

Yesterday was church. Last evening was the church Thanksgiving dinner so a good chunk of yesterday afternoon was spent cooking for that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)