Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Glad to be home again -long sorry-

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:00 AM
  • 3 Replies

but man am I exhausted. My bro, DS and I left at 7pm Thursday evening and drove straight through to Grand Forks, ND. It's about 1300 miles. We stopped in Fargo, ND around 1pm to visit with an aunt and her 2 daughters for lunch and honestly none of us wanted to get back in the car for a couple hours so it was 5pm before we got to Grand Forks.

It was nice getting to see my family, including some that I hadn't seen in years. Saturday started badly and with the viewing, funeral, and gathering for lunch it just got harder. We were woken up at 5am by the fire alarm at the hotel (I'd just fallen asleep around 2 so I was NOT a happy camper) They said it was an electrical problem but the family is convinced that it was my cousin messing with us one last time. It took me a good 10 minutes to gather the courage to go see my cousin for the viewing. I am so thankful my aunt was there holding me up because I almost hit the floor. One of my uncles actually found my brother laying on the ground outside because he couldn't handle it. We were pretty inseperable with my cousin and his brother until they hit 10 or so. When we were leaving the gravesite I had this crazy thought that it felt so wrong leaving my cousin there in the cold (it was about 40) I knew he couldn't feel it but it made my heart hurt.

Jackson had a blast chasing my dad around at the community center. He's definitely Grandpa's little man :) Jackson did so well with the trip. He did have a few meltdowns but it was usually around nap and bedtime. He also had no problem letting us know when he needed to get out and stretch his little legs if we hadn't stopped in a while.

My mom ended up riding back with us so she could visit with her grandbabies. She's staying until the 25th or 26th when she flies back home. Shortly after we left to come home she informed my brother and I that we weren't allowed to pay for anything on the trip back. It was nice and very appreciated since money was going to be tight for DH and me. We got back to my place at 130 this morning and by that point I was amped up being home so I couldn't go to bed right away. I did nap quite a bit yesterday since I was just completely drained. I think it was between 3 and 330 before I fell alseep. I wanted to throw my phone across the room when it started going off at 530. I've been at work 2 hours and I've already had a sugar free Red Bull and I'm now working on a cup of coffee. Can't wait until so I can go relax.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Glad the trip was safe and you had some comforting and good moments. I am sure it was so difficulta. You and your family are still in my thoughts. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope the day goes quickly for you, so you can get some rest.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:54 AM

*hugs*

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Hugs
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)