Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Do your kids change into play clothes.....

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:05 AM
  • 31 Replies

After school? Are their school clothes nicer than everyday wear? 

Do they wear athletic wear and sweats to school on a regular basis? 

by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mickstinator
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:22 AM

i wish he would change because he tears holes in his jeans. i'm never home when he gets home from school and convincing my husband of the necessity of this is rather difficult since he has holes in his own dang pants! lol. 

i also try to avoid letting him wear athletic clothes to school, but i will let him every once in a while. he did today, actually. he would live in sweatpants if i let him (wouldn't we all, though? lol!).

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Jackson usually just strips completely after he gets home from school. I hadn't sent him to school in athletic clothes for a while until Thursday since I wanted him to be comfy for our trip. I did find out those track pants are too short on him and he makes it seem worse when he hikes his pants up to his arm pits lol

tardiskitty
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes! Otherwise all her good clothes would be ruined. She's a mud-loving, tree-climbing, grass stained tomboy.
M4LG5
by Valeri on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:17 PM

My girls wear school uniforms but its a little loose on the policies.  We don't have to have specific clothes....just black or khaki pants/shorts/skirts and green/white/black collared shirts.  DD1 usually wears black basketball shorts and my twins usually wears khaki shorts or, like today, black leggings.  Unfortunately, by the time i pick them up from their afterschool program, we are on our way to practices so they may change their shirts (sometimes they don't...haha). 

On non-practice days, they've already spent a couple of hours playing outside and such so when we get home, they are finishing homework, chores, dinner and then kicking back.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I wish all schools had uniforms. It would make things easier!

Quoting M4LG5:

My girls wear school uniforms but its a little loose on the policies.  We don't have to have specific clothes....just black or khaki pants/shorts/skirts and green/white/black collared shirts.  DD1 usually wears black basketball shorts and my twins usually wears khaki shorts or, like today, black leggings.  Unfortunately, by the time i pick them up from their afterschool program, we are on our way to practices so they may change their shirts (sometimes they don't...haha). 

On non-practice days, they've already spent a couple of hours playing outside and such so when we get home, they are finishing homework, chores, dinner and then kicking back.

Josie_P
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Uniform with a snowsuit, since it's been in the negatives here and snowing.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:31 PM

It's FANTASTIC!  I love it.  I'm a little worried about next year because my oldest daughter will go to middle school and they don't have uniforms.  She hates most of the clothes that are out there for the girls and she is the most picky kid when it comes to clothes so mornings may get tough.  Maybe I'll just get her a bunch of t-shirts and she can still wear her basketball shorts.

Quoting Marti123:

I wish all schools had uniforms. It would make things easier!

Quoting M4LG5:

MsRkg
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:33 PM
My son wears a uniform. When he gets home he usually changes into jeans and a t-shirt or some sweats depending on if he is going out or not or has something to do.
Marz31
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:42 PM

DDs only in preschool/daycare, so she wears play clothes to school, they come home so messy sometimes! but I imagine she won't change once she gets into school, she wears comfy clothes and there aren't any uniforms or anything, so there won't be a need.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Ironically my DS has ruined and tore more clothes in KG than he ever did in pre-K, or pre-school. I am like 'what in the world are your doing at recess, buddy?"

Quoting Marz31:

DDs only in preschool/daycare, so she wears play clothes to school, they come home so messy sometimes! but I imagine she won't change once she gets into school, she wears comfy clothes and there aren't any uniforms or anything, so there won't be a need.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN