Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Too much ??

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 8:13 PM
  • 25 Replies
Do you get your kids too much during the holidays?
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 8:16 PM
I do. Growing up we went on family vacations instead of getting gifts. Looking back it was great memories, but as a kid I hated it. I want ds to really enjoy the holidays. He's excited for the big Thanksgiving dinner and asked me to make him a big tray of candied yams. He even asked if he's getting new pjs Christmas Eve. I know he'll be happy with a few gifts, but I love seeing under the tree full of gifts.
levansbx
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this
we're probably on track for that. dd will be two and a half this Christmas, and we're getting her way more than we did last year
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

We usually try to only get DS one or 2 gifts since my in-laws go all out for him. He's their only grandkid so they spoil him.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:50 AM
I understand. Ds is the only child in my family and is very spoiled

Quoting trfgirl56701:

We usually try to only get DS one or 2 gifts since my in-laws go all out for him. He's their only grandkid so they spoil him.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
No. Santa gives them 5 gifts and we give them about 2-3 more. We try not to go over $150 each
mickstinator
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

i don't think i get them too much, but that's partially because both sets of grandparents always get too much. i couldn't match them if i tried. so in contrast, i make our christmas mild and simple. they usually have 2 or 3 gifts and their stockings from us. i keep each kid around 100-ish.

Cjam
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

No but my parents do since he is the only grandchild.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I do.  But we are the only ones that really get for her, besides grandparents.  Her sisters don't get anything for her, and grandparents get little things or gift cards.  So we go overboard.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:26 AM
I understand. Plus look how much she enjoys those gifts

Quoting deccaf:

I do.  But we are the only ones that really get for her, besides grandparents.  Her sisters don't get anything for her, and grandparents get little things or gift cards.  So we go overboard.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

She does enjoy them.  She also asks for very little.  I mean, she wants Santa to bring her a toy dinosaur.  Very simple kid.

Quoting cjsmom1:

I understand. Plus look how much she enjoys those gifts

Quoting deccaf:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)