Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Calling all entrepreneur moms!

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 3:56 PM
  • 17 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hi all, just wondering if any moms who have their own small business have any advice for a mom that is looking to venture out and start her own small business. I have quite a few ideas on some of the things I may be interested in looking into but I'm not really sure where to start. I know that I would prefer to run a small business out of my home. I do work full-time so it would have to be something that I could be flexible with my current job. Just wondering if anyone has any tips for a beginner? I'm very excited but very nervous as well. I would like for it to be something that I enjoy also. That's the major thing. I already have a job that I feel like I'm attached to ONLY for the sole purpose of a paycheck and good health benefits lol, I'm looking for something that I can really extend my personality in feel excited to do. 

by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2salernos
by New Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:53 AM
2 moms liked this
I would also like to know. Hopefully someone who knows more than us will respond. I'm trying to find out about small business grants for single moms....
christaberk
by Christa on Nov. 27, 2013 at 5:33 AM
Not sure. But here's a good luck and a bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebirthfreedom
by Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I saw this and my spirit jumped for you.   I've been a wahm for 2 years now.  I've tried everything from becoming a coupon affiliate (i'm a money saving junkie) to trying  drop shipping and everything in between.   

I miserably failed time and time again and really just got frustrated and ready to throw in the towel..  Of course I refused that as an option too because I'm just a badass determined chick ;)   When I watched this video my brain gears started turning on overdrive and I learned the process, the system and the right product that worked with not only my passions, but allowed me to help other people.  I just blog about what I love. <3    

I think this video might help you:   www.join.homewithholly.com    

There is no other feeling like doing what your passionate about, helping other people and make a residual income for yourself.    

Feel free to check out my blog too:   www.homewithholly.com 

2salernos
by New Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:36 PM
thank you!!
tina454542
by Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Try this:

http://www.tinacrabtree22.kitsylane.com

2salernos
by New Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:42 AM
what is that sight?

Quoting tina454542:

Try this:

http://www.tinacrabtree22.kitsylane.com

lynnheidi97
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I run my own online store out of my home. I just started it a few days ago, but I'm already doing so much with it! GoDaddy was the best place I found, price wise and expertise wise. They can help you with your business goals and they can answer any questions you have. Their customer service is 24/7. Check out my store and you can see what they helped me do! Please mention my name if you do work with them, I'd love the credit! Heidi Hicks: Company No Girls Allowed  Website: www.nogirlsallowed.net

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Not sure, here's a bump

HotMama330
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:05 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm self employed.  It's a lot harder than it sounds to go into business for yourself. 

First, I would narrow it down to what you really want to do.  Second, research the market.  Is there a market?  Who are your competitors?  Third, write a business and marketing plan.  This plan should also including funding.  How much will you need?  Where will you get it? 

I'd also recommend reading as much as you can on businessownership.  You may also want to network both online and in person.

Connect with me.

Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck with your venture :) dh and I own our own small business. Have been in business since 2010. We just kind of dove in and it has proved to be the best thing we have ever done. It has been lots of hard work to get where we are today but all worth it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)