Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Does your employer have a Christmas/holiday party for you?

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:11 PM
  • 19 Replies

Mine doesn't have one per se but we usually do a pot luck dinner on Christmas eve. Everyone brings something and when you get your break or dinner, you get to enjoy the food. It's a lot of fun.

by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:27 PM

No, I am going to dinner with my old team but everyone pays for themselves. 

I am a teleworker- so I don't have any really to get together with. 

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 6:00 PM
One of my jobs does. It's for the clients,employees, and employee families.
My other job doesn't do anything.
RhiannonMare
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Yes, we do, but I'm at a new hospital now, so I don't know how it works. At my previous hospital, those who weren't working on that scheduled night for the party would meet up at a restaurant. Those of us who worked on Christmas day would bring in a dish and we'd have a pot luck.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Dec. 2, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Yes, and I've heard its not to be missed. Black tie formal
leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Yes, this year it's at a winery. We usually have a nice buffet dinner and lots of wine. This year we will have a comedian or something.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:57 AM

There is usually a lunch, but not a party, per se.  Then our direct boss takes us to a fancy lunch.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:58 AM
2 moms liked this

Gimme the wine!  I don't care about the comedian.

Quoting leahbeah143:

Yes, this year it's at a winery. We usually have a nice buffet dinner and lots of wine. This year we will have a comedian or something

MelanieJK
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Yes.    There's  a company wide XMAS party this Thursday night (even though people are scattered all around the world so many can't possibly get to this party).    There's food and a live band.     It's a lot of people and pretty dull.      

They also foot the bill for a department tree if someone takes the initiative to get one and they pay for a turkey/ham if we want to have a pot luck thing.    

mickstinator
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 12:23 PM

we usually go out to a nice restaurant with the whole lot of us - a whopping 6 or so employees depending on the year. we work in downtown dallas, so there are some really fine restaurants around. i look forward to our dinner every year. 

usually we go to a movie afterwards, too. if not, then we'll close the office early. 

Marz31
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Yup. My company does it right, we have a kids party (this saturday) complete with lunch and Santa handing out gifts (our HR Department goes and buys things, this year we told them exactly what to get, with a spending limit!) and it's super fun! Then next saturday is the adults christmas party and it's at the fancy Teatro Zinnzani dinner theatre in Seattle. We've had live bands and fake gambling at hotels previously, very fancy. We'll miss that one, but I'm ok with that, I just didn't want to miss santa! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)