Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

PIOG - how close is your self esteem, self worth tied to your looks?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 4:17 PM
  • 5 Replies

Can you think of yourself as not pretty or beautiful and still have good self esteem? 

I will try to make the back story short : one of my close friends has horrible self esteem, she lets her husband talk down to her and makes her feel so small, doesn't stand up for herself (I could go on) so we were talking to her about feeling better about herself. and I was brought up and because I don't think I am beautiful, she said that they should talk about my self esteem also. 

I tried to explain that the two things are not tied together. Because I don't care if I am considered beautiful, is different than feeling bad about my looks. (I was told that i wasn't making sense, so I figured I would see if anyone else got it) 

by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 4:30 PM

My self-esteem is not tied to how I look.  I may not feel I am as pretty as I feel I would like to be.  But my confidence and self-esteem is tied in to my abilities, not my looks.

Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Quoting deccaf:

My self-esteem is not tied to how I look.  I may not feel I am as pretty as I feel I would like to be.  But my confidence and self-esteem is tied in to my abilities, not my looks.

always my point. sometimes I feel like I make more sense when I write than when I speak. 

(and because looks are so fleeting) 

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Dec. 3, 2013 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Self esteem is how you feel about yourself; not how others perceive you. If you dont think others see you as beautiful you can still have positive self esteem as long as you are comfortable with your looks.
strongerwtime
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:34 PM

My esteem goes up and down...and sometimes it does have to do with how I feel about how I look.  But ultimately I think I look good enough lol..My esteem is more tied to whether I feel like Im doing enough in life.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 9:25 PM
I think it depends. How you feel.about your looks can impact how you feel about yourself. There are a lot of things that play into self-esteem though
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN