Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Holy Yum Chicken

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 5:29 PM
  • 8 Replies

Holy Yum Chicken I’ve made this chicken 3 times already. 3 times in ONE WEEK. I’m completely, utterly, addicted to it. It’s the EASIEST recipe, EVER and the tastiest. It will make your taste buds SING and you’ll be doing cartwheels all over your living room. Seriously. If you’re not much of a cook or if you don’t have a ton of time on your hands, this is the dish for you.

Holy Yum Chicken 

http://www.tablefortwoblog.com/2013/02/06/holy-yum-chicken/

Yield: 4 servings | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 40 minutes

INGREDIENTS:

1 1/2 – 2 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken thighs (most of the fat cut and discarded)

1/2 cup Dijon mustard (must be Dijon mustard, no substitutes)

1/4 cup pure maple syrup (again, no substitutes. No fake Aunt Jemima stuff)

1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar (seasoned or unseasoned)

1/4 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. ground black pepper

1 tbsp. cornstarch

2 tsp. fresh rosemary for garnish

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 8×8″ oven-proof pan with 2 layers of tin foil.
  2. In small bowl, whisk together Dijon mustard, maple syrup, rice wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
  3. Place the chicken thighs in the foil layered pan then pour the mixture on top of it. Turn the chicken around in the sauce to make sure it gets all coated.
  4. Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
  5. Remove from oven and let chicken sit for 5 minutes then transfer to a plate. Do NOT discard the liquid.
  6. Immediately after plating chicken, whisk in the 1 tbsp. of cornstarch into the liquid in the pan. You’ll create a nice, thick sauce to drizzle over your chicken. You need to do cornstarch mixing immediately because the liquid needs to be hot in order for it to thicken properly. If it’s still not thickening after 1 tbsp., you can add a little more.
  7. Sprinkle rosemary on top before serving.
  8. Serve with rice or potatoes or vegetables.

Note: If you like things more tangy, I would add 2 tbsp. of rice wine vinegar instead of 1 tbsp. I did this the second time I made this and it was a nice tangy kick with the sweetness that subdued it. If you like things on the sweeter side, keep it to 1 tbsp. of rice wine vinegar. Regardless, taste the sauce after mixing it together and adjust to taste. :)

DISCLAIMER:

1. If you don’t like mustard, you likely will not like this dish. 1/2 the recipe’s ingredient is mustard.
  2. It will taste mustardy with a nice hint of sweetness! So again, if you don’t like mustard, don’t make this.
  3. If you don’t follow directions and want to improvise, that is definitely ok! But please do not come back to yell at me for a failed dish. The instructions are laid out completely below because I have tested it myself and it works the way it’s written below.
  4. If you do not use the right equipment it will likely not turn out either. 8×8″ pan means 8×8″ pan. 2 layers of foil means 2 layers of foil. Why? 8×8″ pan will keep the sauce together and compact and won’t cause it to spread out over a large surface area. If you put it in a larger pan, it will spread, therefore, causing the sauce to get cooked off and you’ll end up with dry chicken and little to no sauce. Double layering the foil insulates the sauces and the chicken, it’ll keep the sauce from burning on the scalding hot pan.
  5. Yes, it really is cooked at 450 degrees. I’m not going to lie to you. Yes, it’s very high but it also works (proof: above pictures!) :)
  6. If you’re using chicken breasts, reduce cooking time to 25-30 minutes or you’ll end up with dry chicken.
  7. You may use bone-in chicken thighs. Cooking time is the same.
  8. Whole grain mustard is not the same as Dijon mustard.
  9. Rice wine vinegar and rice vinegar are the same thing. The names are interchangeable.
  10. If you can’t find unseasoned rice wine vinegar, you may use seasoned rice wine vinegar and vice versa.
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Thanks for the disclaimer. Since I don't like mustard I won't be making this

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Interesting, that woud be sweet chicken!

Tiffany_Avon
by Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 12:48 AM
hmmm
mskeeinmd
by Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 10:54 AM

This sounds incredible.  I love mustard.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I might have to try this one! maybe with breasts, though, I don't like thighs

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:06 AM

That looks tasty!

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:07 PM

yum

Mena929
by Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:50 AM

This looks great! I am definitely going to try it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN