Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

snow day!

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 10:27 AM
  • 21 Replies

Both the kids had school canceled due to ice all over the roads. My husband stayed home from work, too. I can't go into my office in this weather, but I still have to work...except my computer won't connect to the server. 

Every time. EVERY TIME I try to work from home I have tech issues. Why can't it just work right?

Not to mention the fact that the boys were up and at 'em early as normal and my work ditching husband slept in a full two hours extra while I worked and got them breakfast and ready for play in the "snow" (ice). Can you tell I'm in a bad mood? I'm just glad I got a bunch of work done earlier this week so if I can't connect to my server, at least I'm not falling too far behind.

by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 10:40 AM

So glad we don't have "snow" days.  We don't have snow!  But, I guarantee that when DH's work shuts down for 2 weeks at Christmas, he will be sleeping in while I get up, get Steph ready for daycare, and me, too, and still do the full morning routine, and the evening routine, too, like cooking dinner, cleaning the kitchen, etc.

mickstinator
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Quoting deccaf:

So glad we don't have "snow" days.  We don't have snow!  But, I guarantee that when DH's work shuts down for 2 weeks at Christmas, he will be sleeping in while I get up, get Steph ready for daycare, and me, too, and still do the full morning routine, and the evening routine, too, like cooking dinner, cleaning the kitchen, etc.

I was even extra nice to him this week and didn't ask for help with the kids any day this week. Hmph!

He redeemed himself once he finally got up, though. He distracted the boys with a giant blanket fort and now he's doing the dishes. ; )

mamainluv
by Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Oh a huge blanket fort sounds really fun, lol.

Were you able to connect to your server?

mickstinator
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Quoting mamainluv:

Oh a huge blanket fort sounds really fun, lol.

Were you able to connect to your server?

around ten! i had to whip out my old computer. i was having issues with my new one since it's a mac.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 4:01 PM
I love snow days! But that seriously sounds poopy. Has it gotten any better?
mickstinator
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 4:33 PM
I got to play in the yard with the boys, so yes!

Quoting rissarin: I love snow days! But that seriously sounds poopy. Has it gotten any better?
mickstinator
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

mickstinator
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Mobile Photo

mickstinator
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

mickstinator
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)