Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

What are asking for?

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 11:13 PM
  • 18 Replies
I will take the kids to get something for daddy and he will take them to get something for me. I will be honest. ... it usually doesn't quite work out for me. My husband is not so good at gifts. Haha. As my girls get older (10 and 7) they are doing better at picking gifts themselves but they still need some direction and if I leave it to my husband, I will get something that I can't use or really really don't want SO... we are giving each other a list of things and he (and the girls) can pick from the list. Now. ... I'm trying to figure what I want.

What do you want?
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 1:49 AM

I kinda need new shoes but thats something I need to try on.  I am working out more but used to not like pants with pockets but because I use my Iphone for when I walk with the dog, I need workout pants that has pockets.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:51 AM
every yr I say the same thing. I dont want anything and dont need anything. and dh the same. and its true. if you must buy me something buy me something I use everyday. but he always ends up getting me clothes or jewelry or pocketbooks. I buy him ferrero rocher and sweaters or golf shirts. the kids I dont expect gifts from but our oldest always buys something for me like a pandora bracelet or figurine and writes all the kids ' names in it.
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:28 AM

I never ask for anything - I can't even remember the last time I did.  I actually prefer not to get anything, but inevitably my DH and my parents get me something anyway.  Ugh.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I asked my in-laws for The Twilight books or movies lol. Other than that I'm probably not getting anything from anyone else.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:02 AM
I was this way too and they would still get me something and sometimes it was not really something I can use our really wanted so I just gave in and started saying things I wanted but this year in a little stuck

Quoting the3Rs:

I never ask for anything - I can't even remember the last time I did.  I actually prefer not to get anything, but inevitably my DH and my parents get me something anyway.  Ugh.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I'm a foodie, so I am not hard to buy for at all. Nice olive oil, balsamic vingegars, spices, salts are easy for them to pick out and much appreciated. 

DH gets me a new brand of fancy chocolate every year. I love it. I have though about starting a charm bracelet with my kids. 

Most clothes, shoes etc... I just prefer to buy myself.

korra2013
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:16 AM
I never ask for anything. I love giving gifts though.
rissarin
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:19 AM
I need new jeans. Not even a want anymore. It's a need. Haha. And I want a Keurig.
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I'd be stuck too.  I can't think of a single thing I'd want anyone to get me.

Quoting M4LG5: I was this way too and they would still get me something and sometimes it was not really something I can use our really wanted so I just gave in and started saying things I wanted but this year in a little stuck

Quoting the3Rs:

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I asked for a pair of black diamond earrings.  I sent him the link and everything.

Last year, I asked for a mothers necklace, and didn't get that, but we'll see this year.

But, even if I don't get what I ask for, he does really good on getting something I can use and will enjoy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)