Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

And the drama continues...

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:29 AM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

DH finally got around telling his dad yesterday about his decision to get a divorce. Apparently it didn't go very well. DH went over there about 10 yesterday morning and then I got a call from him at 1215 asking if anyone was at the house. I told him no and asked who would be. He told me he didn't know if his parents had come by. When he got home he told me that he was only at his parents for half an hour before he got pissed and stormed out. He said that after he left he sent both his parents a text saying not to contact him and that he'd get in touch with them when he felt like talking to them. I felt bad that he's refusing to have a relationship with his parents because of this but then I realized he is the one choosing to do this and it has nothing to do with me. He actually told me that I'm not allowed to tell his parents where he's living after he moves out next month!

I guess what pissed DH off the most was when his dad asked him about marriage counselling. When DH said no, his dad asked if he thought that he would be able to look Jackson in the eye when he gets older and tell him truthfully that he tried everything he could to make our marriage work. I'm guessing DH didn't like the fact that his parents were questioning whether he'd really tried or not.

I decided to go talk to his parents last night so I texted his mom to see if it was okay. I didn't know how they would be feeling about me after DH stormed out like he did but thankfully they still feel the same way about me. They told me that Jackson and I are welcome to go there for dinner whenever we want and if we need somewhere to go after the lease is up at the house we're welcome to stay with them for a while. They also said that they're willing to help out financially so that I'm not struggling to make ends me and taking care of Jackson. My mil told me that I'll always be part of the family. I'm so thankful that I have such wonderful in-laws!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Wow.  I'm so sorry that you're going through all of this.  You're very lucky to have such awesome in-laws.  When is your DH moving out?  Or are you both moving somewhere new?

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:41 AM

At least the in-laws are reasonable.  Good luck with dealing with everything you have going on.  When is the lease up?  Will you at least be there for the holidays?

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:44 AM

It sounds like he's planning to move out after the 1st of the year. I'll be staying where I am for as long as I can. Our lease isn't up until May (I think) and unless I get a roommate I won't be staying longer than that. After that I'm not sure. I'm definitely going to be looking for places in our current school district since both DS and I both like the school and his teacher. Plus if we stay in the same area he'll have the same teacher next year.

Quoting the3Rs:

Wow.  I'm so sorry that you're going through all of this.  You're very lucky to have such awesome in-laws.  When is your DH moving out?  Or are you both moving somewhere new?

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, at least that gives you a lot of time to figure it out and find someplace...and don't hesitate to take your in-laws up on their offer if you need to!  Wishing you luck and happiness.

Quoting trfgirl56701:

It sounds like he's planning to move out after the 1st of the year. I'll be staying where I am for as long as I can. Our lease isn't up until May (I think) and unless I get a roommate I won't be staying longer than that. After that I'm not sure. I'm definitely going to be looking for places in our current school district since both DS and I both like the school and his teacher. Plus if we stay in the same area he'll have the same teacher next year.

Quoting the3Rs:

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I'm pretty sure our lease is until at least May so I won't have to worry about finding a place right away. 

Quoting deccaf:

At least the in-laws are reasonable.  Good luck with dealing with everything you have going on.  When is the lease up?  Will you at least be there for the holidays?

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Well that is sure a blessing

Quoting trfgirl56701:

I'm pretty sure our lease is until at least May so I won't have to worry about finding a place right away. 

Quoting deccaf:

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Wow!  I'm so sorry you are going through this.  Your in-laws sound like they are being reasonable and you are right - your DH getting angry isn't about you at all.  He's making these choices and he's mad that his parents aren't agreeing with him about it. 

Stay strong Mama!

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh wow. I'm so sorry you have to go through that, especially at this time of year. So thankful you have understanding in-laws. I'm sure that helps a little.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:56 AM

His parents even told him that they aren't choosing my side or his, that they're going to do what's best for Jackson and if helping Jackson means helping me out so be it. I just wish DH would understand that and stop making it seem like it's a competition for his parent's attention.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Wow!  I'm so sorry you are going through this.  Your in-laws sound like they are being reasonable and you are right - your DH getting angry isn't about you at all.  He's making these choices and he's mad that his parents aren't agreeing with him about it. 

Stay strong Mama!

rissarin
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow. I'm so sorry he's not standing up for this more. He's acting like a child, sorry if that's offensive. A divorce isn't a small thing. I wish I could hug you. :(

But I'm glad you have the in-laws for support. Sounds like he doesn't want anything to do with anyone afterwards. Lame-o.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)