Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning on your day off

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:46 AM
  • 15 Replies
I work four days a week and dh works five. I work overnights he works days. On my days off I am the one cleaning as in doing the big clean. Cleaning the bathroom living room etc. mopping sweeping and starting dinner. My day off is pretty much spent doing house work to only have to do it the next full day off. I feel like this is bullshit. I should be able to have a day off where its actually a damn day where I am not cleaning after two people ugh
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:02 AM

It's the same way at my house. We both work 5 days. I work days he works nights. He hasn't helped me clean or do anything really since we moved in :( It's so annoying!

rissarin
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm on the opposite end. I would love to have a day off to just clean. Haha.
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I can understand that. I make DH and the kids pitch in every single day. I do the deep cleaning - they do the more surface cleaning, help fold laundry, dishes, etc. I don't mind cleaning, but I sure as heck mind doing ALL the cleaning when no one else is helping.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I try to clean a bit during the week so that I'm not stuck spending all day cleaning on the weekend. Sometimes it doesn't work out that way though.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Same here.  But DH only gets one day off a week.  I prefer he use that to relax.  I will continue taking care of what I have always taken care of.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Dec. 9, 2013 at 3:36 PM
This. I only have two days off every week. I wish I could work 4 10 hr days and get a cleaning day!

Quoting rissarin: I'm on the opposite end. I would love to have a day off to just clean. Haha.
Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Quoting rissarin: I'm on the opposite end. I would love to have a day off to just clean. Haha.

I would love an entire day to do that also. 

But I just split it up, I am doing something every night, even if it is just running the vacuum. 

CLEKate
by Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Welcome to real life.  We all have to do it.

Mommabearbergh
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Been apart if real life for a while doesn't have to mean I like it lol

Quoting CLEKate:

Welcome to real life.  We all have to do it.

NicholeP1984
by Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:07 PM

It is opposite at my house.  My husband is a neat freak and does alot of the household cleaning.  We usually tackle the deep cleaning on Sundays as a family

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)