Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Never a dull moment

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:20 PM
  • 6 Replies

I knew the days leading up to my awkwardly timed trip would be busy busy busy, but I wasn't intending to get an email this morning saying the auditors wanted November bank reconcilliations too! GAH! We're headed tomorrow night to a special early Christmas with my family at my sister's house in NJ, we're heading into NYC three days, I'm SOOOO excited! I knew it was during our interim audit, I'd done my best to plan for it, and I've been working all last week to get together what all they requested for my fixed asset stuff. not even done, but this morning I got an email that they want november recons, GRRRR. I did something on Friday that wasn't essential, but I'm in the "hurry up and wait" period for my other stuff so I figured it was a good time. had I known, I'd have spent that time doing the other.

add being so tired I can barely keep my eyes open AND being so excited for the trip I can barely keep my eyes open ;) it's going to be a long day! I CAN do this, I CAN!

by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:22 PM

You can do this!  Remember, the auditors are essentially working for you.  Just because they ask for something doesn't mean it can't wait a week!  I like getting them stuff as they ask, too, though, so I know how you feel.  Do what you can, but keep in mind, your vacation was approved, so they know the possibilities!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:31 PM

good luck!

Marz31
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Thanks. it's true. while my boss is pressuring me, nothing I can do when I'm waiting on others (in our sub office in Houston) to get me what I need. they'll get plenty before I leave tomorrow. the rest will be done mid next week. 

Did I mention I can't print to my printer and email has been off and on all day? I'm going to reboot right now and see if that fixes it, but since email is downish, it's not like they've sent me an email telling me it's all better. just annoyed that my "cannot print" email that I sent to support a lot earlier hasn't been addressed.

Quoting deccaf:

You can do this!  Remember, the auditors are essentially working for you.  Just because they ask for something doesn't mean it can't wait a week!  I like getting them stuff as they ask, too, though, so I know how you feel.  Do what you can, but keep in mind, your vacation was approved, so they know the possibilities!

Marz31
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:19 PM

AND a giant blob of chocolate from my chocolate croissant dropped onto my shirt and office cardi which means I have to take the damn thing home to wash it......which means I won't remember it tomorrow and I have NOT warmed up in my office all day today! LOL just keeps getting better! 

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:47 PM
this.

Quoting deccaf:

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Do what you can before you leave. They know you're going on vacation and that this was going to happen.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN