Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

What do I say?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:07 AM
  • 6 Replies
I have applied for a couple jobs this week and have a couple questions for you ladies. How long should I wait to follow up about my application? What exactly should I say?

There's one job I really want and definitely want to make sure I contact them. My coworker was just hired by them so I know I meet their qualifications.
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I would give it a few days after dropping the application.  During the holidays, the hiring manager may be off, so you may have to wait longer.  I would say that I had dropped off my application and am very eager to join their team.  Definitely ask what the deadline for filling the position is.  This way you have a time frame to be working in.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Thank you! There are multiple positions open. It's working with children with autism so there's typically dozens of clients.

Quoting deccaf:

I would give it a few days after dropping the application.  During the holidays, the hiring manager may be off, so you may have to wait longer.  I would say that I had dropped off my application and am very eager to join their team.  Definitely ask what the deadline for filling the position is.  This way you have a time frame to be working in.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I would wait a few days after mailing the application. Call the HR manager and just say that you mailed your app and are just checking to see that they received it. Tell them you're excited for the opportunity to join their company and then ask what kind of time frame they have in mind for setting up interviews.

Basically what decca said :)

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:25 AM

:)

Quoting adamsmom0116:

I would wait a few days after mailing the application. Call the HR manager and just say that you mailed your app and are just checking to see that they received it. Tell them you're excited for the opportunity to join their company and then ask what kind of time frame they have in mind for setting up interviews.

Basically what decca said :)

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with the above.  I would close with something like "let me know if there is anything else I can provide in the meantime" or something like that.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Dec. 13, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Yep

Quoting the3Rs:

I agree with the above.  I would close with something like "let me know if there is anything else I can provide in the meantime" or something like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN