Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Such a strange feeling ;)

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:39 AM
  • 12 Replies
2 moms liked this

I've been making good money for the past 6 years, but we also have a lot of old debt from when DH was laid off, and he doesn't make good $$ at the job he was able to find, plus he burns so much gas $$ on his commute, that we really have to watch our budget VERY well.  It's rather tight.  We always have enough and are able to save every month, but again it's because of how tightly we control what we spend.

Anyway, with my new job, I'm earning quite a bit more $$, and I just got done doing the bills for the next month and I have SO much left over!  It's so weird...I keep looking through everything thinking I must have missed a big bill, but I didn't, LOL.  What a strange feeling!  I'm so excited to be able to pay down our last debts a bit faster and dump all that extra into our savings.  Yeah!!

by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HaileysMom07180
by Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:40 AM

yay!  i am hoping that happens soon

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Yay!  Always a good feeling.  Keep it up!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Yaaaaayyy!!
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 11:02 AM

That's awesome! YAY you! :)

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Dec. 13, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Yay ;D
leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 13, 2013 at 12:53 PM
2 moms liked this

I spent several years drowning in credit card debt, barely having enough left for groceries in the end. The last couple years I have busted my ass to get all but one card paid off and my truck will be paid off in August which will be a huge weight off my shoulders! I'm definitely not rolling in cash or anything, but it definitely feels great not to have to worry so much!

rissarin
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Yay! :)
Sam.Smith
by New Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Congrats!!!!!!
mickstinator
by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 3:14 PM

lol. i got a raise last year and felt the same way. we hadn't been as frugal as normal and when i went over the bills, we still had quite a bit to put in savings. i thought we'd blown the month. it's a feeling i think we all could get pretty used to. haha! 

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Yay!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN