Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Do you have time off for Christmas?

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 9:30 AM
  • 38 Replies
Do you get a "Christmas break"? Are you closed? Take your own time off for "vacation"? Other?
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KCisPaulsMom
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I've worked jobs before that I had to work Christmas. However, I am extremely lucky that we are always off /closed the week between Christmas and New Year's Day every year.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 9:35 AM
That's awesome! That's a good time to be closed. :)

Quoting KCisPaulsMom:

I've worked jobs before that I had to work Christmas. However, I am extremely lucky that we are always off /closed the week between Christmas and New Year's Day every year.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I'll be at work for both Christmas Eve and Christmas as well as New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Oh the joys of working security. Thankfully I get off work at 3 so it's not too bad. The only bad thing this year is that I have to work an hour later on Christmas Eve since I have a doctor's appointment on the 23rd and I had to swap an hour with a coworker.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:09 AM

We're not closed and don't get a Christmas break.  We are given Christmas Day as a paid holiday and any other time off comes out of your own vacation.  This year I'm only taking 12/24-12/27 off because I only have few vacation days due to it being prorated with my Oct. 31st start date at the new job.  Normally I take off 12/24-1/1.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I get the 24th and 25th this year. I've never worked for a company that took much more than that, usually less, usually just Christmas Day. And this has always been hard for DH's family to understand as they all work for the same nursery that takes the whole weke off. Oh well, welcome to the REAL WORLD! LOL

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:23 AM

We get 1/2 day on the "eve's"

rissarin
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:15 AM
That stinks. You are stronger than I.

Quoting trfgirl56701:

I'll be at work for both Christmas Eve and Christmas as well as New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Oh the joys of working security. Thankfully I get off work at 3 so it's not too bad. The only bad thing this year is that I have to work an hour later on Christmas Eve since I have a doctor's appointment on the 23rd and I had to swap an hour with a coworker.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Better than nothing I guess ;)

Quoting deccaf:

We get 1/2 day on the "eve's"

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:18 AM

It's not too bad. I sit for 8 hours watching movies, playing on fb and cafemom, or reading a book and get paid time and a half lol.

Quoting rissarin: That stinks. You are stronger than I.

Quoting trfgirl56701:

rissarin
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:21 AM
We're closed 23-25. But I took off the 27 and 30-31 to finish moving and cleaning our apartment.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN