Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Bad mommy!

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:12 AM
  • 17 Replies

Jackson hasn't been feeling too good the past couple days. He's been coughing and I figured it was just a cold. This morning I dropped him off at the in-law's before heading to work. DH called me about 750 and said that the school called him because Jackson is running a 101 fever :( I had to call my in-laws to go pick Jackson up from school (DH isn't talking to his parents) I talked to my mil and we decided to have them take Jackson to the dr to make sure it's nothing too serious since my mil found out she has a sinus infection (she caught this junk too) My fil said that Jackson's teacher told him that he can't go back to school until at least Wednesday. Hopefully he'll be feeling better by then so he can attend his Christmas party on Friday. I guess we'll see what the dr has to say.

Update: My in-laws took Jackson to the doctor and he said it's most likely a sinus infection since he's been sick for a bit and it's just gotten worse. The doctor called in a prescription for Amoxocillian so hopefully it'll help and Jackson will be feeling better soon.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Ahhh, poor guy! You never know when the little ones will spike fevers. I know if I let mine stay home with every cough and runny nose, they'd never be at school!

Hope he gets better soon!
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Thanks. He was running a little warm yesterday but he's like me and runs colder than most. Our typical temp is right around 97.6 or just at 98. He didn't feel too warm to me this morning but he had just barely woken up when I dropped him off.

Quoting Marti123: Ahhh, poor guy! You never know when the little ones will spike fevers. I know if I let mine stay home with every cough and runny nose, they'd never be at school!

Hope he gets better soon!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Poor kid!  Your DH is being a bit childish.  This mess is his doing and he needs to put his child first.  Hope Jackson feels better soon!

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I completely agree with you. He actually told me this morning that it's up to his parents how long he'll have no contact with them. He said that as long as they don't help me get a lawyer for the divorce he'll start talking to them after the divorce is finalized -smh-

Quoting deccaf:

Poor kid!  Your DH is being a bit childish.  This mess is his doing and he needs to put his child first.  Hope Jackson feels better soon!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Great, but if they help you do what's best for your son (such as helping with a lawyer), they don't have contact with him?  Wow.

Quoting trfgirl56701:

I completely agree with you. He actually told me this morning that it's up to his parents how long he'll have no contact with them. He said that as long as they don't help me get a lawyer for the divorce he'll start talking to them after the divorce is finalized -smh-

Quoting deccaf:

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Makes perfect sense doesn't it? At this point I'm not really sure I'd need a lawyer since we've pretty much decided who gets what. The only thing we need help with is the child support payment. 

Quoting deccaf:

Great, but if they help you do what's best for your son (such as helping with a lawyer), they don't have contact with him?  Wow.

Quoting trfgirl56701:

Quoting deccaf:

proudmommytoOJ
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Awe. Hope he gets better soon. Just curious, why did u named the post: bad mommy?? Not realizing ur lil one was sick doesn't make you a bad mommy. :) kids are that unpredictable.
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Just felt a little bad that I didn't notice he was running a fever. Guess it's more like bad Nanie and Grandpere for not noticing too lol.

Quoting proudmommytoOJ: Awe. Hope he gets better soon. Just curious, why did u named the post: bad mommy?? Not realizing ur lil one was sick doesn't make you a bad mommy. :) kids are that unpredictable.

proudmommytoOJ
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Bad grandpa!!! Haha.....lol... Hope he gets better hon.

Quoting trfgirl56701:

Just felt a little bad that I didn't notice he was running a fever. Guess it's more like bad Nanie and Grandpere for not noticing too lol.

Quoting proudmommytoOJ: Awe. Hope he gets better soon. Just curious, why did u named the post: bad mommy?? Not realizing ur lil one was sick doesn't make you a bad mommy. :) kids are that unpredictable.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Hope he feels better soon!  And I think we've all been there.  I know last year my then 9 year old was feeling "off" in the morning, but he had no fever, no congestion, etc. so I sent him.

1/2 hour later I get the call.  Fever of 102 and oh by the way, he puked in the back of the classroom.  I felt horrible, but sometimes there is just no way to know when your kiddo will get that sick.

Quoting trfgirl56701:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN