Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Santa is real!!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:38 AM
  • 13 Replies
I am determined to not let my 6 years old find out the truth yet :)
He is just so curious though. Last year he asked: mom, why did the Santa from the mall and the Santa from Costco did not look alike. I said well baby, they may just be Santa's assistants because Santa must be real busy at his workshop getting the presents ready.
This year he asked if the Santa he saw was the real Santa.... Nooooooo......I am totally against him finding out. Lolz. I wish I still believe. Lol.
When do your kids found out the truth and how did it happened??
Our what story have you come up with when they are trying to find out??
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I am at the point where we are trying to make him a really nice guy. Steph is afraid of him.  Last year, he wasn't even allowed in the house to leave a gift.  Luckily, last year she got an outside toy from the big guy.  This year, he will be allowed in the house to leave a gift, and she wrote him a letter.  He sent her a whole package of goodies from the North Pole.  She still won't even go near his spot at the mall, but there is hope for next year. 

We'll see if she ever develops a liking for him and then we'll worry about keeping the magic alive!

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

My 14 year old has known for a few years, but it wasn't until last year that we actually talked about it.  Now he's all excited keeping it alive for his brothers.

My 10 year old suspects - I think - but he really WANTS to believe and so I think he's afraid to ask me.

My 7 year old flat out told he doesn't believe and I just said that it's really sad that he feels that way and it could even hurt Santa's feelings.  Haven't heard another word.

If/when they ask me I just turn it around and ask "what do YOU believe?"  And I tell them it doesn't matter what anyone else says or thinks - it's how THEY feel that matters.

proudmommytoOJ
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Hahaha Awww poor lil girl. Tell her Santa is a good guy n loves her. Lolz

Quoting deccaf:

I am at the point where we are trying to make him a really nice guy. Steph is afraid of him.  Last year, he wasn't even allowed in the house to leave a gift.  Luckily, last year she got an outside toy from the big guy.  This year, he will be allowed in the house to leave a gift, and she wrote him a letter.  He sent her a whole package of goodies from the North Pole.  She still won't even go near his spot at the mall, but there is hope for next year. 

We'll see if she ever develops a liking for him and then we'll worry about keeping the magic alive!

proudmommytoOJ
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Aww. OK. Lol. But he is just 6. Toooo young. I need to keep that magic alive!!!!! Lol thankyou!!

Quoting the3Rs:

My 14 year old has known for a few years, but it wasn't until last year that we actually talked about it.  Now he's all excited keeping it alive for his brothers.

My 10 year old suspects - I think - but he really WANTS to believe and so I think he's afraid to ask me.

My 7 year old flat out told he doesn't believe and I just said that it's really sad that he feels that way and it could even hurt Santa's feelings.  Haven't heard another word.

If/when they ask me I just turn it around and ask "what do YOU believe?"  And I tell them it doesn't matter what anyone else says or thinks - it's how THEY feel that matters.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't ever want to get to that point. Haha. I believed until my younger brother didn't (3 years younger). I had to have been at least 10-11 and I DID NOT want it to be true....so I still secretly believe a little bit. ;)
leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I think DD had it "confirmed" around 10 or 11 from the kids at school.

proudmommytoOJ
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Aww. Poor you. I am going to tell Santa to bring u something special. Lol.

Quoting rissarin: I don't ever want to get to that point. Haha. I believed until my younger brother didn't (3 years younger). I had to have been at least 10-11 and I DID NOT want it to be true....so I still secretly believe a little bit. ;)
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Awwww....DD hated Santa too!  She is 3 now and we too our cue from her and never pushed the Santa issue.  She actually told us this year, she was going to take a pic with him and she did!  You can tell she was nervous but once she sat and he knew her name, she was fine.  Baby steps!  Steph will eventually like him.

Quoting deccaf:

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

It's okay if she doesn't, but I don't want her terrified of him!  Whether she ends up believing or not is fine. 

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Awwww....DD hated Santa too!  She is 3 now and we too our cue from her and never pushed the Santa issue.  She actually told us this year, she was going to take a pic with him and she did!  You can tell she was nervous but once she sat and he knew her name, she was fine.  Baby steps!  Steph will eventually like him.

Quoting deccaf:

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Neither did we, so we just kept talking to her about him like he was real and she totally believes in him.  DD was really terrified of him though...she wouldn't even walk in front of a Santa last year.  I don't know what changed this year - it could be her friends talking about him.  I was prepared for the scream that would take down the building when we went to see Santa and once she go there and she actually sat, the enthusiasm from both me and DH made her feel totally comfortable and okay.

Quoting deccaf:

It's okay if she doesn't, but I don't want her terrified of him!  Whether she ends up believing or not is fine. 

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Quoting deccaf:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN