Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Bonus Time!

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 4:51 PM
  • 32 Replies

I just got out of a meeting with my boss. I got a 5% bonus this year - more than last year. I think I'm happy with that, although I kind of feel like I should have pushed for more. He was very complimentary of my job this year and had no criticism of my competence. 

Do you get a yearly bonus? How are you feeling about your position? 

Michaela
Wife to Mike
Mommy to Mitchell and Brody

by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 5:11 PM

I get a quarterly bonus that averages about 8% annualized.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Sweet!!

I don't really get a bonus per say. Sometimes my boss feels generous and gives us a little extra Christmas cash, but nothing crazy.

Also, I am confident I could be at this job the rest of my life if I chose to take that route. But I'm not. ;)
Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I get a yearly bonus, but not until Feb. I feel pretty good about my bonus. 

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 6:06 PM

My company is set up on a quarterly bonus system for all employees. Lots of factors are included, so it's not just based on financial performance or job performance. The max is 15% but could be more if the financials are super-stellar. Everyone in the company gets the same percent. It's a good bonus, for sure!

JessiFaye
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:19 PM

That's really nice! We don't get yearly bonuses. We did get a bonus last year, but it was supposed to make up for the fact that we weren't being given raises. It was hardly worth it, after taxes came out. I don't think they ever have heard the end of that one... we got raises this year. LOL

Mommy2Boys0900
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:12 PM
We get a yearly Christmas bonus. I'm grateful for a bonus because I know a lot of people don't get one. I haven't had a raise in about 5 years which sucks, but I do get an excuse year after year about why he "can't" give a raise.
gsae
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:19 PM

We get a bonus in Feb and a yearly raise as long as we are performing. 

LyTe684
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:21 PM
No bonus.

But, I have a job. That's good enough for me. I don't complain about not getting a bonus.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:37 PM

That's great!

We don't get bonuses and overall what we do isn't appreciated. I am currently looking for a new job.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:43 AM

My job is the same way.

Quoting cjsmom1:

That's great!

We don't get bonuses and overall what we do isn't appreciated. I am currently looking for a new job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)